Shift Work

Ok guys I have lacking in this department. I work constant rotating shift work and looking for some ideals for quick and easy healthy meals and snacks for midnight shift? Trying to lose a few pounds cleaning up my eating

Replies

• Comms0p
    Comms0p Posts: 228 Member
    edited September 2020
    Burandt80 wrote: »
    Ok guys I have lacking in this department. I work constant rotating shift work and looking for some ideals for quick and easy healthy meals and snacks for midnight shift? Trying to lose a few pounds cleaning up my eating

Shift worker here as well :) having trouble getting my protein in - carbs, no problem! Fats are so-so. But, snacks are easy for me: yogurt, fruit and veggies, popcorn and Drink BCAAs as well. I do like lite cream cheese with crackers and jam. Pickles with cheese slices and hard boiled eggs. If you prefer cooked and quick - I beat 1 egg with 3-4 egg whites mixed with 1 cup of frozen veggies, butter up large microwavable bowl and put in egg mixture - cook for 2-3 minutes. Voila! you got some denver-ish eggs. Hot sauce optional. I try to keep things like that simple and quick. Love my eggs!
    Meals? I gotta learn to meal prep myself so I can't really help you there. Good Luck though!
  • suzij27
    suzij27 Posts: 199 Member
    Do you want ideas for foods you can bring with you or cook before you go in? I’m thinking to bring with you.

Greek yogurt is a great way to get in more protein. Add some fruit and chopped nuts. A sandwich with some cut up veggies and fruit.

If you are wanting something warm, make a big pot of Chili with beans, or a stew to heat up for your “lunch”. I like beans over rice and since you want more protein, some chicken on the side. Double or triple up on things when you do cook so you have leftovers. You’ll feel less snacky if you can get yourself to eat a solid meal.

When I worked graveyard shift, I treated my work time and life in general like a day shift worker. All of my meals and sleep were at set times. It helped a lot.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Turkey roll ups, hard boiled eggs, peanut butter, nuts, cheese slices, roasted chickpeas or soybeans, cottage cheese, beef sticks, protein bars.
  • Hello everyone here
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    samdjb1wxzn6.jpeg

12-hour rotating shifts here. I go through phases with my meal prepping but right now my “main meal” is something like this (picture). Carb, veggies, protein. I will make a couple/few different combos on meal prep day & just rotate through them so I don’t eat the same thing back-to-back. One of my favorites is oats + protein powder + fruit + nuts.

Also, it’s well-established that as long as your overall protein intake is adequate, BCAA’s are useless.