I'm not losing ANY weight!

Options
I've been on here for 2 1/2 to 3 weeks and have not lost ANY weight. :frown: Depending on the scale I might even have gained a few pounds. :sad: I find it hard to eat the 1200 calories a day unless I go the fast food route (which I don't like) or drink the calories :drinker: which I don't mind but if I excercise and try to eat back even some of the calories....fa get about it! lol

I just don't know what to do. I'm really losing steam here and I think pretty soon with no change I will give up.:ohwell:

Any suggestions?:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Why is it hard for you to eat 1200 calories a day? What kinds of foods are you eating?
  • CurlyClare78
    Options
    Do you have a tape measure? I'm so glad I got one, I keep a spreadsheet of measurements and that kept me going during the weeks without losing any weight.

Mine's probably a bit much but I do boobs, ribs, waist, hips, bum, thigh, calf, upper arm and wrist. I've lost 49cm the last few months and only seem to have lost weight the last couple of weeks.

I'd definitely say take measurements as well as weighing.
  • Kdingo
    Kdingo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I just end up being full unless I really screw up and order some chocolate chip pancackes or something. I did that last week that with 4 or 5 beers and I was wayyyy over for once.lol
  • rustypust
    rustypust Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I generally eat between 1200 and 1300 every day, you are welcome to log onto my profile and look at my food diary to give you food suggestions.
  • Kdingo
    Options
    A regular tape measurer?
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Don't give up...I have not lost anything in over 2 weeks and it gets to me too. What you need to look at is how things fit. Sometimes that makes a bid difference. Also take before shots for yourself so that you can compare later and then lastly post pictures of when you looked your best...you will strive for that. Hang in there nobody said it would be easy!
  • Crystal817
    Options
    I don't know. I just end up being full unless I really screw up and order some chocolate chip pancackes or something. I did that last week that with 4 or 5 beers and I was wayyyy over for once.lol

I would take a look at some members food diaries. Maybe it would help you to get an idea of what you can eat, without having to resort to fast food. That's just silly...
    Depending on the scale I might even have gained a few pounds

Also, if you don't use the same scale each time you weigh, chances are it won't be very accurate.
  • sk3adik
    Options
    Why is it hard for you to eat 1200 calories a day? What kinds of foods are you eating?

You may be able to reach your goal.. but the question is, are they healthy food? Because I eat all the time.. but most of the time I can't reach my goal either.. do you have any advice about what to eat.. I need one too..
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    You're just in your 2nd week so be patient & don't give up, give your body enough time. It took me several months before I see the results.
  • Kdingo
    Options
    I try to eat healthy. Eggs usually for breakfast. Pita, hummus and cucumber for lunch and usually something like chicken and veggies for dinner. Snack is usually 100 calorie popcorn and apple juice...:smile:
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Depending on the scale I might even have gained a few pounds

Also, if you don't use the same scale each time you weigh, chances are it won't be very accurate.

I agree.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    looking at your profile it seems you on have a little to lose maybe set to 1/2 week, you will eat better and you should lose weight too.

To add more calories add in peanut butter, olive oil on veggies or salad nuts, if you are using skimmed milk change to semi-skimmed.

Are you eating to enough?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

This is just a part of it! please read the link above

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode)

Also this might be helpful http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/00trayn/view/how-to-bust-a-3-month-plateau-87677

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/153704-myth-or-fact-simple-math-3500-calories-one-pound-eat

Good luck on your journey
  • Crystal817
    Options
    You may be able to reach your goal.. but the question is, are they healthy food?

Yep.

Eggs, chicken, brown rice, peanut butter, oatmeal, greek yogurt, low fat cheese... all healthy choices!
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    If you struggle to meet your calorie goal, then maybe consider switching things up. If you're drinking skim milk, switch to 1% or 2%. If you're eating low-cal "diet" versions of foods, switch some of them back to the regular versions.

You could add nutrient-dense, higher calorie foods to your diet. Nuts and avocados are my personal favorites.

1200 calories is 3 meals @ 400 calories a piece. This is easier to meet if you're eating whole foods and balanced meals as opposed to pre-packaged "diet" meals. If you're not a 3-meals-a-day kinda person, then maybe 4 meals @ 300cal or 6 small meals @ 200cal.

The main thing is to fill your calorie goal with wise choices. Eating fast food just to hit your mark isn't that great of an idea. That being said, something is better than nothing if you find yourself in a situation where you are chronically under-goal. I'm not going to touch the starvation mode junk. But do be aware that your body does need fuel to keep going. Of course, we want to put in the highest quality and most efficient fuel we can, but lower quality and less efficient fuels are definitely better than running on empty.

If you eat too little, your body hordes the food that you do eat, which could very well be why you are not losing.
  • Crystal817
    Options
    I try to eat healthy. Eggs usually for breakfast. Pita, hummus and cucumber for lunch and usually something like chicken and veggies for dinner. Snack is usually 100 calorie popcorn and apple juice...:smile:

Try adding in a protien during lunch. Grilled chicken maybe?
  • lbeasey
    lbeasey Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    If your diary isn't open for others to view you may want to do that. It works great with feedback on things you can change. Make sure you are using the same scale and get a tape measure. Sometimes the inches come off before the weight. Good luck!
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I got one more thing to say....you give up and we will come looking for you! You have no idea how strong MFP is!
  • benespec
    Options
    I agree with others' posts re: looking at WHAT you're eating -- maybe you need to mix it up to kick start your metabolism. Even eating the same foods but at different times of day can make a difference. Also, moving always helps -- doesn't have to be heavy duty exercise, but little things done on a regular basis WILL pay off over time: using the steps, parking farther away from your destination, taking several short walks during the day, using the LONG route to the office restroom or water fountain, etc. Moving more than you're used to in ANY way should help your metabolism.
  • tnknights
    Options
    It's as much about the kind of calories you eat, not just calorie reduction. You shouldn't drink beer or eat pancakes because you need calories. You can eat anything you want as long as it is in moderation.

Look up recipes on MyRecipes.com. They have a Cooking Light section. Some of the servings are high in calories but good ones.

Also, if it is hard to eat the calories, eat two extra times. Call it brunch and lupper or whatevr. But get those calories.
  • Kdingo
    Options
    Thank's everyone for your suggestions. I hardly ever eat fast food becuase it never fills me up. Usually save that stuff for long car trips.:smile:

I try to eat healthy and I think I've done a pretty good job. I like to have 4 or 5 meals a day. I even started to jog a bit yesterday and today!

:flowerforyou: