Slimming world and fitness pal

Hi

Quick question , I'm trying to combine slimming world with fitness pal problem is I havent dropped even a 1lb yet and I'm always slightly under my calories so dont understand... why isnt the weight coming off yet I'm doing everything by the book??

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Are you using a food scale and weighing everything that you eat?
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    ^^^

That is the first thing to focus on...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,925 Member
    What's by the book mean to you?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    I am not familiar personally with Slimming World - but I believe they have free foods including pasta. Do you log/count your 'free foods'?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    If you’re trying to combine the things you like best from two systems, you’re not really doing it “bybthe book”. It’s best to pick one system and stick with it.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 989 Member
    In addition to all of the above, how long have you been doing Slimming World (but tracking everything you eat on MFP)?

Did you go through the guided set-up in MFP? Assuming so, what rate of weight loss did you select? How much do you weigh and how tall are you? How much are you trying to lose?

What Activity Level did you select and what is your day-to-day activity level (excluding deliberate exercise, which you're presumably logging separately) actually like?

How are you tracking your deliberate exercise? Are you eating 100% of your exercise calories or just some of them?
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    I'd agree with the poster above who said it's probably best to just pick one or the other. Trying to create your own system as a combo of the two might not work as well and could be confusing. I thought the whole thing about slimming world is that you DON'T count calories, so it might not be very compatible with this site.

Also as other people said it is also influenced by:
    - How long have you been doing it for
    - Weighing your food (if calorie counting)
    - How much weight you have to lose
    - How quickly you are planning to lose it
    - If you are female, time of the month/ where you are in your cycle

So I would say... pick one approach, and if you have been doing it for less than a month, give it some more time.