Can I Eat Bacon Everyday????

Options
Hey everybody, according to almost every article I read on google bacon can’t be eaten ever day.

I know that obviously anything can be bad for you when it isn’t consumed in moderation. I have been counting calories & tracking my macros. my macros are at 37% protein, 24% fat, & 39% carbs. Which equates to about 155g protein, 50g fat, & about 160g carbs daily for a total of about 1850 calories.

The thing is, I cook 4 strips of Oscar Meyers uncured bacon on a pan every mon-sat morning. my daily sodium intake is 3050mg daily. I try to research as much as possible so that I can make sure I’m not going overboard.

I also lift weights 6 days a week doing a push/pull/leg split twice a week. I train for hypertrophy and I lift fairly heavy(6-10 rep range).

Am I living a “healthy” enough lifestyle to consume bacon 6 days a week?? or do I need to ditch the bacon? I’m 26 y/o, 5’9”, 189 lbs, sitting at roughly 17%-19% body fat. I’m consuming 1850 calories a day this week, trying to lose 2 lbs per week.

I know that is a very aggressive weight loss rate, but I got the number ‘1800’ based on my weight, height, age, etc from a calorie intake vs energy output website on google. I want to get down to like 10%-12% body fat before 1/1/21, and so far my research is telling me that although my approach is an aggressive one it isn’t harmful. it’s almost like the threshold of how much weight you can lose per week healthily while retaining a sufficient amount of muscle mass. to put things into perspective, I’m not trying to get on stage or anything like that, I just want to look good at the beach, you know?

I understand that this was very long winded but all & all I just want to know if bacon is something that can be eaten 6 days weekly (specifically 4 strips) in a healthy manner & I would like to welcome any advice on my caloric deficit as well. Thanks!

Replies