What's your average?

Options
I was just curious at the rate other people lose weight. I'm 5'3 and have my calories are set to 1210 (automatically picked for me when i chose 1.5 pounds a week). I'm actually losing approximately .7 lbs/week, which I know because I'm totally anal and keep an excel spreadsheet of my losses.

I'm pretty happy with my progress because I have some cheating built-in to my calorie range. In other words, I'd really like to lose 1 lb/week, but set my calorie range lower to give myself permission to go over on some days without beating myself up about it.

Anyway....just curious about your expectations versus the reality of what you are losing.

Replies

• mutkin
    mutkin Posts: 109
    Options
    I was just curious at the rate other people lose weight. I'm 5'3 and have my calories are set to 1210 (automatically picked for me when i chose 1.5 pounds a week). I'm actually losing approximately .7 lbs/week, which I know because I'm totally anal and keep an excel spreadsheet of my losses.

I'm pretty happy with my progress because I have some cheating built-in to my calorie range. In other words, I'd really like to lose 1 lb/week, but set my calorie range lower to give myself permission to go over on some days without beating myself up about it.

Anyway....just curious about your expectations versus the reality of what you are losing.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I'm set to lose 1 lb a week, and on average I'd say I lose 1/2 lb a week because sometimes I'll go 1 week nothing, next week 1 lb loss. Other times I'll go for 2 or 3 weeks with no change and then the next week I'll lose 2 lbs. I used to average 1.5-2.5 lbs a week. I miss those days :noway:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I'm losing about .25lbs a week on 1400 cals/day, but I have PCOS and Hypothyroid, so its a bad comparison. :laugh:

Its nicer to say .25lbs because 2lbs a month sounds depressing. :sad:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    My average is .75 per week. But I've not lost anything for several weeks now.
  • davesrig
    davesrig Posts: 6
    Options
    I have averaged about 3 lbs. a week since the first of the year. I workout on average 4-5 times a week.
    I justed started within the last week or so counting calories and would highly recommend that to you as well. Still eat those things that you would like to cheat with but just log them.
    Soon you will be able to determine if it is really worth eating those things but more importantly you will be aware of where you are at with your intake.
    I too am very anale about my weighing in, now I just added that same point of view to calorie counting.
  • nytoaz
    nytoaz Posts: 143
    Options
    It took me 10 months to lose 20 pounds; so on average 1/4 pound a week. As they say, slow and steady wins the race :smile:
  • mutkin
    Options
    It took me 10 months to lose 20 pounds; so on average 1/4 pound a week. As they say, slow and steady wins the race :smile:

I'm a fan of slow and steady! I always used to try to make it happen quickly, and in doing so, always set myself up for failure. My built-in cheating method works great for me.
  • fullofjoy720
    Options
    wow this is really encouraging! I was nervous about my .25/.5 a week! I guess its normal to be steady. I don't have much to lose anyways
  • mutkin
    Options
    I'm losing about .25lbs a week on 1400 cals/day, but I have PCOS and Hypothyroid, so its a bad comparison. :laugh:

Its nicer to say .25lbs because 2lbs a month sounds depressing. :sad:

Every little bit brings you closer to your goal. :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I'm set to lose 1 lb a week, and on average I'd say I lose 1/2 lb a week because sometimes I'll go 1 week nothing, next week 1 lb loss. Other times I'll go for 2 or 3 weeks with no change and then the next week I'll lose 2 lbs. I used to average 1.5-2.5 lbs a week. I miss those days :noway:

DITTO! That's pretty much my pattern in a nutshell - kinda scary how similiar actually!