Going on day 3 with no drop in weight

Options
Hey everyone,

So I’ve been losing weight pretty well since i started on September 14.

This past Saturday I had a cheat meal, a plate of Chinese food which consisted of Rice and meat. When I weighed in that morning I was 226.8, everyday after that I’ve been 227.8 and haven’t lost a single pound since that day, I’ve actually gained and have been at that same weight since. I’ve been eating clean, drink water, walking, etc etc but still not losing anything. For lunch I’ve been eating sandwiches with whole wheat bread everyday, could that maybe be adding to the reason?

Any suggestions or feedback as to why?

Thanks everyone

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing and measuring everything you eat and drink accurately and at a calorie deficit? If so, patience. It’s only been 2 weeks.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    d66m587ck68f.jpg

OMG I love this!
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 479 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Hey everyone,

So I’ve been losing weight pretty well since i started on September 14.

This past Saturday I had a cheat meal, a plate of Chinese food which consisted of Rice and meat. When I weighed in that morning I was 226.8, everyday after that I’ve been 227.8 and haven’t lost a single pound since that day, I’ve actually gained and have been at that same weight since. I’ve been eating clean, drink water, walking, etc etc but still not losing anything. For lunch I’ve been eating sandwiches with whole wheat bread everyday, could that maybe be adding to the reason?

Any suggestions or feedback as to why?

Thanks everyone

Hello! A couple of pointers that may help.

1. Make sure that you are eating less than you are burning daily. The easiest way to be sure is to judiciously track your calories.
    2. If you are feeling stressed about daily progress, then stop weighing yourself every single day. Go for once per week. If you really want to weigh yourself each and every day, then take a random day of the week and average your last seven weigh ins on it (to get a weekly average). Then, when this day of the week comes again do the same, and compare your progress from one week to the next.
    3. Patience, you are just getting started. Have in mind that you do not really want to lose weight. You want to lose fat! And fat does not come and go up or down daily as you think. To give a quick example, to gain a pound of fat in a day means that you ate 3,500 more calories the day before and decided to stay in bed the whole day. Pretty improbable, right?

Hope that helps, and keep at it. Cheers..C:
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    ^^^

Number 2 for me! If I weigh daily, I freak out and start obsessing. I weigh in on Saturday’s before breakfast.

Many people are daily weighers here. It doesn’t work for me, but it works for some. OP if you can weigh daily without worrying about the fluctuations, go for it, but use one of those weight trend apps.
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Chinese food does the same thing to me. I know that when I decide to eat it the scales will go up or stay where they are for a few days even if I have stayed in my calorie requirements. It eventually falls away after the water goes away. Just one of the blah things about weight loss. It isn't always going to show everyday but trust the process and it will al even out in the end.

As for the weighing I use a weight tracking app (happy scale since I am an apple person) and on those days when my weight doesn't move or goes up slightly it helps to see that my trend is still down and moving average isn't going up. I am a weigh every day person as I like to see what's going on. I am also the type of person that can speak rationally to my fat brain and tell her to shut the hell up! lol (I have been 200.3 for three day!!)
  • rainbowblu
    rainbowblu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You ate a high sodium meal on Saturday..It's only Tuesday😆..Give your body some time.
    Drink lots of water and continue to eat clean,it will come off..The 1st few weeks it comes off faster, don't expect consistent results...some weeks you might eat perfectly and gain..give your body time to adjust...
    And maybe, don't weigh yourself daily,if it's making you anxious.I had to hide my scale in the car in the beginning because I was frustrated at the slow pace,but..in the end it will work if you stick to your plan.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I am jealous. A plate of Chinese food equals no less than a 5 pound jump on the scale for me. Even though it is temporary it is annoying.

Here is an article to read:

https://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/

Oh an in the more than 250 pounds I have lost I would very often go 3 weeks before seeing a new low weight. The losses always caught up but trusting the process and being patient is part of the deal. If you keep at it you may desensitize to the scale somewhat if not the suggestions about weighing less often are a good idea.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,174 Member
    Options
    Weight loss, as others have correctly observed, can be a roller-coaster on the scale, valley then hill. If you haven't already read it, I highly recommend this article as providing some insights that can help calm stress over all of that:

https://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations

Best wishes for weight loss success!
  • eatyogarun
    eatyogarun Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My weight hadn't moved since Thursday last week. Today it dropped two pounds. Patience, grasshopper.