Help! Help! Help!

Options
There is a huge office party going on today due to someone leaving. Ive never seen so many cakes, sandwiches, chocolate, quiche, crisps etc in my life :( Im sitting here eating a 'pasta in a mug' style thing and everyone around me is eating all that gorgeous (but calorific) foods. Im trying so hard to stay on track and this isnt helping. Im worried im going to cave in and simply binge.

Please help! :sad:

Replies

• gash200
    Options
    Hurry go get an apple!!! The fuller you are the less likely you will cave.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Pick ONE thing off that table of goodies, and have a small slice.

Put it in your food diary first and see if you still wnat it.
  • gloryrest
    gloryrest Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    A suggestion: Eat your portion of assigned food, then take a small slice of that cake and be done with it. No guilt and no binging. Enjoy--
  • tambink
    tambink Posts: 349
    Options
    Drink a ton of water you will be full and you want be so tempted to eat . Try to also walk away from it.
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I dont want it, but I do...you know what I mean? Pure torture, thats what this is! Rar! Strangly enough, there is nothing fruity there appart from a banana and im not crazy about them lol.
  • gloryrest
    Options

This was really good advice. I would take it
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options

I agree with this. Good luck!
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Options
    Pah, im not going to eat it. Loked up a slice of chocolate brownie on here and I just know it wont be worth it. Im going to hold out for my skinny cow ice cream tonight and know that when I eat it I would have earnt it lol.

This is tough though, so very tough. Why was fattening food invented! No fair!
  • gloryrest
    Options
    I dont want it, but I do...you know what I mean? Pure torture, thats what this is! Rar! Strangly enough, there is nothing fruity there appart from a banana and im not crazy about them lol.

If you want, record and take. If not closed discussion. Tell them to enjoy themselves.
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Im with you there, that's difficult. If you can't handle a bit, you would be better of not to even start. Fill up on veggie or salad. Mybe drink a large glass of water before you eat anything. I will be going threw the same thing on sunday. It's. My sons birthday. My uncle is throwing a big party for him.
  • jmcholden
    jmcholden Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I agree, pick something and have a small piece. I had a piece of chololate birthday cake the other day. It was so sweet, it kinda grossed me out.

It didn't taste as good as it used to. I was very surprised. Now I don't want it anymore though. I won't crave cake for quite some time.

Hang in there, :smile:
  • DaniellArmitage
    Options
    Good girl not caving! When you are serious about your goals you have to keep your eye on the prize. And you did the perfect thing...looked up the cake and realized how it didn't fit in with your daily goal! You'll achieve your goals in no time with this attitude:)
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Options
    Thank you all.
    Im literally going to try and not move from my office until 5:00pm tonight! T-minus 3 hours and 15 minues until home time!
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I am going to say something and I am sure no one will agree! I see your diary daily! You already don't eat enough! Not a bad thing, I guess...but often you are not at 1200 calories per day! Having a small treat is not going to kill you! If you deprieve yourself for to long, you are going to end up binging!

Having one brownie or piece of cake- you will not gain any weight! It would be impossible! Eat the whole tray...you might!

Temptation is part of life, but moderation is the key to success!!!

Of course we are all different - but you have been doing so well, its okay to reward yourself!
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Options
    Hiya hun,

Im scared of going above 1000 calories a day, hence why I normally eat 900 - 950. Yes I know it's silly but I cant help it. I had an 'off plan' day Sturday where i treated and treated and treated myself lol. So yeah I have to be good for weigh in tomorrow morning! Plus im going away until Tuesday so need to be good now as I might not be good over the time I am away (althougth i'm going to try and be good!).

Hope your well x
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hiya hun,

Im scared of going above 1000 calories a day, hence why I normally eat 900 - 950. Yes I know it's silly but I cant help it. I had an 'off plan' day Sturday where i treated and treated and treated myself lol. So yeah I have to be good for weigh in tomorrow morning! Plus im going away until Tuesday so need to be good now as I might not be good over the time I am away (althougth i'm going to try and be good!).

Hope your well x
    Well you can and should focus on getting 1200 :-) But whatever works for you! Have a great weekend away! Sounds like fun! I want to go away! Don't be scared!!!!! You will do great! Just enjoy yourself! Its part of life!
    Have a great day!