I'll give you the ingredients....

Options
ReenieHJ
ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
and you can give me your best Vegan recipe. :)

My dd is coming this weekend, for a whole week+!!! Yay!!!! But I am not much of a cook. :( And she's vegan.

So, if you had beans, frozen tomatoes from your garden, and any kind of pasta, what else could you add to create something delectable? :) The obvious would be pasta sauce. :) Which is a definite possibility. But anything else?

I'm going to check online and Pinterest too but thought I'd ask here. Thank you. :)

Replies

• fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Some kind of baked dish?

After a trip to the grocery store for a few more ingredients you could do a bean chilli, a taco salad, “chicken” Parmesan with eggplant or cauliflower flower and nutritional yeast instead of cheese.

Happy pinning and enjoy your visit!
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I’d add a jar of pesto sauce to the drained pasta and throw in the beans, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, black olives, chickpeas, salt and pepper to taste. All the extra ingredients I mentioned can come from a can so not much preparation needed. It can be heated in a big pot and served warm or even refrigerated and served cold/room temperature and is just as yummy. I’ve made this many times and it’s always a hit! You can always add/substitute anything for other veggies you like, for example mushrooms, bell peppers, etc. Good luck! :)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you!!!! I started searching through Pinterest and it became overwhelming to me. :(
    But I love the ideas you two have shared!
    The bean chili, taco salad and pasta dish with pesto, etc., all sound great! :) Not to mention easy which is just my style. I'm a lazy cook. :(
    The chicken parmesan I'll have to check out, it sounds intriguing.

I'm creating a grocery list tomorrow so I can shop on Friday. I'm excited now. :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    and you can give me your best Vegan recipe. :)

My dd is coming this weekend, for a whole week+!!! Yay!!!! But I am not much of a cook. :( And she's vegan.

So, if you had beans, frozen tomatoes from your garden, and any kind of pasta, what else could you add to create something delectable? :) The obvious would be pasta sauce. :) Which is a definite possibility. But anything else?

I'm going to check online and Pinterest too but thought I'd ask here. Thank you. :)

You don't need to add much to those three ingredients. I'd saute some onions and peppers, add the tomatoes, beans, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning, and serve over pasta.

More ideas using the Ingredient feature on allrecipes.com:

15 recipe results for "vegan" including "tomatoes", "pasta", "beans"

https://www.allrecipes.com/search/results/?WT=vegan&IngIncl=tomatoes,pasta,beans&ingExcl=&sort=re
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    I love the ingredient feature on All Recipes! It's awesome. :)
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Former vegan...
    One pot hack: a Pasta e Fagioli redux/variant

Wild option: Simple pasta with veggie marina sauce. Use the beans in a dessert (like brownies).

More time (and ingredients): Stew down the tomatoes and beans as a side dish. Make a "cream" sauce with the pasta and nutritional yeast.

🤷🏿‍♀️
  • huntleigh3229
    huntleigh3229 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Beans and tomatoes are the base of many curries.

Dahl, chickpea and spinach, cauliflower and lentil, and kidney bean curry regularly appear in my rotation.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I would make a chili mac. Just add onions, cilantro, chili, garlic, peppers and anything else you like with a southwest flavor. 💚