Interstitial Cystitus

Options
Hey guys! I am 23 years old and was diagnosed with IC this passed June. I saw previous posts of people needing IC support. I'm still figuring this stuff out and learning about my trigger foods and how to cope with flares. I don't know too much else about this disease (except that I apparently have a mild version compared to what I've read). So, friend me if you want to vent about your IC problems or if you have words of wisdom to pass on about your IC. Any advice would greatly help me out! Thanks MFPeeps!

Replies

• Arester
    Arester Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    bump
  • seleck05
    seleck05 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    blah, you already know my deal. I apparently have just a "hypersensitive bladder" or a really mild form of IC, now sure exactly. So far I have just tried to cut back on alcohol and coffee. I also cut out all soda and teas and citrus. Sometimes it bothers me and other times it doesn't =/.
  • Arester
    Options
    Yah. I thought more people would respond. Thanks for responding to my post. I was having a bad flare yesterday and was looking to find some more support. :smile:
  • Arester
    Options
    bump
  • mrsbennae
    mrsbennae Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Worst flare going on a week but my bad since pearljam came to town and i drank! I just have to give up the booze. I thought after 50 and hysterectomy i may have some relief. But no. Back to ic diet. Watching triggers. Anyone know if Mio water enhancers are bad. I pick ones with no caffeine.
  • mrsbennae
    Options
    How are you doing these days.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Do certain foods really cause this to act up? I have never heard of interstitial cystitis before this thread. Seems like the feeling would be similar to that pain you get with a UTI...except chronic. I'm sorry. Wishing you the best.
  • mrsbennae
    Options
    Yes acidic foods. Alcohol. So much. Stress also causes but it's spicey foods that get me the most. I drink water itv is like uti pain but worse.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    spacecoast wrote: »
    Yes acidic foods. Alcohol. So much. Stress also causes but it's spicey foods that get me the most. I drink water itv is like uti pain but worse.

Ah crap. That pressure is horrible feeling. Hopefully you can control it a bit with your diet.
  • NAbramovich
    NAbramovich Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi - I've had IC on and off for the past 15 years or so. I go years without flares and then go through a 6 month period of really having to watch what I eat. A year ago I had it so bad that the only thing I could eat without pain was potato chips. For me, food that will set it off are: tomato; coffee; anything carbonated; citrus; hot peppers and apple juice. What helps is drinking water mixed with baking soda.