I am almost at my first goal, please HELP!

Hi!

I am Sam! Please send me a friend request.
I am a bit eccentric, but youll like me(:

I have been using MFP for several months. I have used it in the past as well. I quit smoking one year ago tomorrow. When I quit, I was already up 15lbs. I then gained another 35, making my total 50lbs total in April 2020. I do have a history of obesity and I have lost over 100lbs in the past, so when this 50lbs came on, it was very hard on my mental state

I was 192.4 April 13, 2020.
This morning I was 153.
I am 37 years old.
I am 5 foot, 4 inches.

I have since lost 39.5 lbs.
I lift weights 3-4 x a week.
I work with a personal trainer once weekly.
I weight and measure my food.
I hike 5-7 miles in the forest with my two labs and 40-45lbs on my back.

My goals:
1. One pull up by Dec 31, 2020 (working with trainer to achieve)
2. Comfortably wear my favorite size 4/6 polkadot sheath dress
3. Get STRONG AF
4. I thought weight goal was 140lbs, but this may change with my weight lifting and I may change goal measurement to inches or bodyfat percent, instead of pounds...we will see!

I want to be slim, yes, but i am also loving the muscles i have been building. I want to get my booty and back muscles POPPING! And they are on their way! I love the feel of it!
Pic is current. I told my husband that next time he pissed me off, I was going to put him in a headlock with those thigh muscles and keep him there until he cried "uncle". haha.

Please send me a friend request! But only if youre not easily offended;)

9t8p0hsgzamj.jpg

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    You ask for help in the title but your post seems to be really just asking for friends. Is there anything the main forum can do for you?

You seem to understand goals should sometimes change in light of new information and circumstances which is a good thing.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    I love that your goals are fitness related, and that weight is kind of lower level 'goal'.

I am not far from a theoretical goal weight, but also trying to put more thought into body & fitness. That is a taking baby steps process!
  • slt2002
    slt2002 Posts: 3 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    You ask for help in the title but your post seems to be really just asking for friends. Is there anything the main forum can do for you?

You seem to understand goals should sometimes change in light of new information and circumstances which is a good thing.

Hi. Thanks for your comment(: You're right that I am asking for connections, as I believe the social interaction will keep my interest and help with my motivation to reach my goals. I've been using mfp for several months without the social component. I think that part might be helpful to me at this point. I didnt mean for my post to be misleading, if that was what you are implying.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited October 2020
    slt2002 wrote: »
    NovusDies wrote: »

Hi. Thanks for your comment(: You're right that I am asking for connections, as I believe the social interaction will keep my interest and help with my motivation to reach my goals. I've been using mfp for several months without the social component. I think that part might be helpful to me at this point. I didnt mean for my post to be misleading, if that was what you are implying.

Nope. Just wanted to make sure you didn't need informational help.

Hope you get a good social group.