Covid-19 gym etiquette?

Options
2»

Replies

• Kiefer_1
    Kiefer_1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    SnifterPug wrote: »
    I wipe everything I touch. Even the weight collars and the J hooks on the squat rack. Most people at our gym do try to wipe everything. The staff go round cleaning things regularly and frequently mist all the equipment with disinfectant.

That said, the biggest favour you can do yourself is not to touch your face.

Yes, I did hear that touching your face is a major risk factor.

Btw I love pugs 😄
  • tronjo2002
    tronjo2002 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Everyone in my gym seems pretty good about wiping everything down after using it, everything but the door handle, which everyone touches.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    The mask and that I do not have to use my own sanitizer are the two major differences for me. I wiped equipment down before and after, washed my hands often, and used hand sanitizer before starting, usually sometime in the middle, and once I got back to my car all pre-covid.

So now many people are as crazy as I once seemed. lol
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Yes I'm a "weight wiper" (along with other touch points).

Struck me today that the touch points that don't get sprayed and wiped down are the spray bottles of sanitizer themselves.

Our gym makes everyone take a spray bottle of disinfectant and a cleaning rag when you go in and you return it when you leave. I ASSUME the staff cleans the bottle as they refill and put it back on the "new bottle shelf". In any case there aren't as many different people touching a bottle in a close timeframe
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options

Struck me today that the touch points that don't get sprayed and wiped down are the spray bottles of sanitizer themselves.

Our gym makes everyone take a spray bottle of disinfectant and a cleaning rag when you go in and you return it when you leave. I ASSUME the staff cleans the bottle as they refill and put it back on the "new bottle shelf". In any case there aren't as many different people touching a bottle in a close timeframe
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »

That approach seems a very sensible arrangement.
    I'll feedback to my gym's management.

In my gym there's a spray bottle and paper towels for every marked out (and spaced out) exercise station for the customers to wipe down but the customers rotate around the different stations and other equipment. The staff go round in the ten minute break with cleaning fluid and wipes/cloths.