Macros

How do i work out my Marco distribution? Like what percentage of carbs/fats/proteins?

Appreciated!

Replies

• Rtrish1
    Rtrish1 Posts: 12 Member
    @Nony_Mouse i really appreciate your breakdown. It at least give me something to research based on my current weight. I agree the protein is super low!
  • SonFlowerTC
    SonFlowerTC Posts: 42 Member
    @Nony_Mouse my nutritionist set mine at carbs 40%, fat 30% and protein at 30% of my total calories . My calorie goal 1200 so it works out to be 30 carbs, 10 fat, 22 protein for 4 meals :) it worked! Fats are counted differently. That’s why even though they are the same percentage as protein, you get less.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    @Nony_Mouse my nutritionist set mine at carbs 40%, fat 30% and protein at 30% of my total calories . My calorie goal 1200 so it works out to be 30 carbs, 10 fat, 22 protein for 4 meals :) it worked! Fats are counted differently. That’s why even though they are the same percentage as protein, you get less.

It might be helpful if you specified what you are counting here! 1g of carbs or 1g of protein = 4 (k)cal. 1g of fat = 9(k)cal. Your nutritionist theefore advised 480 kcals of carbs (=120g); 360 kcals of fat = 40g; 360 kcals of protein = 90g. If you are dividing that equally between 4 meals that gives you 30g 10g and 22.5g, so I can now see that you are working in grams!