i was doing so good

Options
I did great w/ my calories 2day for the 1st time in a long time...
& then my bf went 2 the store and got BBQ Rice and cookies :sad:
i had a rib a cookie and rice but i had already ate dinner
Y can't i just stay in my calories 4 1 DAY???
I am so stupid & no willpower what so ever!!!

Replies

• alymarest
    Options
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it, it happens to all of us, trust me!! There is always tomorrow :happy: We all slip up and have bad days or weeks so don't let it get to you too much, just keep thinking that tomorrow is another day and you can start all over again! And plus you can always balance it out a bit by doing a little bit of extra exercise today. If you are regularly struggling with calories then maybe you need to eat a bit more, some days i HAVE to go over my calories because i'm so hungry. Our bodies generally tell us if they need more food! I find that exercise is a great way to earn myself some extra calories. Also, make sure you're sticking to the right foods, it's easy to fill up on empty calories which still leave you feeling hungry. Eat plenty of fruit, veg and whole grains and hopefully next time you won't be tempted (but we all give in sometimes! :laugh: ). Hope everything goes better tomorrow and don't let it get you down :flowerforyou:
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    I have a tough time going to the places where I would shop for groceries, get gas, etc and then while there I'd pick up some candy, cookies, other things to snack on on the way home. Now when I go there the psychological pull is there (like an addiction) to pick up the things I used to grab and it takes so much will power to just get what I came for and to get to the check out quickly.

From now through next Friday I'm on business travel and will be eating in restaurants the whole time so this is a big test for me to choose my meals well and to stay at places with exercise equipment.

Hang in there like rebecca says, "it happens to all of us."
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options

I see from your profile that you are losing weight so you must be doing some things right. :happy: I also see you have been here for a few months so you probably already know about adding your exercise calories and you can have more calories for eating. And if you overeat at a meal, don't be afraid to do a little exercise to balance it out. That would be my first thought since so many people don't learn that at first and struggle to stay in that 1200 calorie range. :noway: After recovering from other addictions, I put little faith in self control or will power and more in just plain old behavior modification. It takes time to create new habits.
  • its time for change
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. Last night was my hubby's birthday and I ate over my calories because I made eggrolls. I ate three of them and one quail. . Today, I am right back on track. =) I am not going to beat myself over it because that will cause me to eat more. Don't beat yourself up, just start fresh. New day, second chance.