Struggled on Week 5 of C25K

Options
Ok, so I have been doing C25K and been able to keep up with it and have kept a log of all runs with pace, distance and average heart rate and I really noticed that I struggled today (wk5 day 1) with my pace and distance ... anybody else went thru the same? or at least felt like week 5 was kind of a "hit the wall" moment?

Replies

• brechfast
    Options
    -
  • missxlaur
    Options
    everyone i have met has struggled on week 5 of c25k, including myself! it's definitely worth struggling through, even if you do it super slowly! trust me. you'll be so happy you did.
  • missxlaur
    Options
    [sorry, that post from brechfast was originally from me but i forgot to log him out]
  • tigeratty
    tigeratty Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you need to repeat a workout or a whole week. No harm in that. If you feel you struggles w/W5D1 do it again next time and I bet it will be easier!

I personally didn't struggle with it but this is not my first time running 5ks and I had been doing high intensity interval training periodically the last year. I guess it helped more than I thought.

Stay strong, you will do it! Running is as much mental as it is physical.

Shari
  • Sooznine
    Sooznine Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i don't remember what week 5 was, but i know the week i did struggle, i talked to my runner-her-whole-life friend and she said to just go slow. Keep going, but go slow... The next time i tried it and i did it. I work on distance first, and then try to pick up pace. I may be slow, but i'm not sitting on the couch. :)
  • cfred40
    cfred40 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I just did wk6, day 2. I wouldn't let it bother you. There isn't that much difference from week 4 day 3 and week 5, day 1. It could have just been one of those days that you just wasn't "feeling it" . And wk 5, day 3 (20 min run) will be no where near as bad as you think it will be. Best wishes
  • reyg35
    reyg35 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the advice. I'm really looking forward to my next run so I can see if it was a bad day!