What happens if I go over fat macro?

Options
Hello, I'm trying to solve this mystery here about what exactly happens when you go over on fat macros during a cut/recomp. I think it just slows down the results since I'm on a deficit. I appreciate any help.

Replies

• Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Some days I go over on fat, some days I go over on protein, and some days I have a larger dessert and go over on carbs. I consider them minimums as stated above. Also, as stated above the calorie deficit is what matters. I am consistently losing at least 1 lb a week even when I have weeks that I am carb heavy. I don’t worry about it because it’s not an issue as long as I stay at a deficit.
  • LiftandSkate
    LiftandSkate Posts: 148 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    No effect as long as your calories are still in check. I dont even track fat or carbs. I focus on hitting my calorie and protein goals and let fat and carbs fall where they may. It hasn't hurt me yet or stalled progress at all.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I did find *for me* that eating a diet that was consistently at ca. 40-45 % calories from fat and 35-40% calories from carbs was not suiting me. I was still losing steadily but I felt really de-energised. I've adjusted back to the recommended ranges with carbs 45-65% (aiming for 45-50%), fat 25-35%, protein 10-30%, and I now have more energy again. It's very personal though, and in my experience can also change for the individual over time. Five or six years ago I could eat a low carb diet and feel great. You need to work out what works for you. Some people have reported on here that the recommended levels of carbs make them feel exhausted.