The Beautiful People...

Options
So, I was thinking about this a lot yesterday. I was wearing thigh high boots and a girl said, "Those are sooo cute, but they would never fit me. I have HUGE calves and thighs!" I looked at her, then looked at me...then looked at our reflections side by side. SHE WAS THE SAME SIZE AS ME. I took them off, told her to put them on, and told her she was the same size as me and that they would fit. They did. She still insisted that she was wayyy bigger than me though.

What is up with us chicks (yes I do this too) that we're so hard on ourselves?! It's not just the girls either. I've heard two teenage boys, both adorable, tell me they wished they could have an eating disorder and be as self disciplined to not eat/work out. So sad >.<

So this is a shout out to all the beautiful people...which is every single one of you. Have a good day, love, be loved.

Peace!

Replies

• janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Thanks - I needed that...

... and you totally ROCK!!!
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Nice post.
  • alorick
    alorick Posts: 194
    Options
    I needed to hear that today! You're awesome. :)
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I know looking back that I felt I was sooo fat when I was really skinny. I almost think that contributed to my weight now since I thought I was already fat and it didn't matter. If only I could go back and show myself what I had (or I guess, didn't have!)
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options
    that is so sweet and i am hard on myself so i think that sometimes i fall into that where i think that my calves or whatever are huge. example... i can never get skinny jeans up over my calves. I dont think that they are big but wherever i shop for them they dont come over my calves, they are too tight. that's just not comfy for me :frown:
  • hotelsierra
    Options
    Thanks - I needed that...

... and you totally ROCK!!!

I second this!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Its because women are nuts.

Oh wait, I do the same thing but with my body. Crap.

We're all nuts.

Seriously though, I call it "Fat boy in the mirror" syndrome.
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that story! I tend to be really hard on myself at times too! Thanks for the reality check...you are beautiful too!
  • Katefab26
    Options
    LOVE this!!
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    So, I was thinking about this a lot yesterday. I was wearing thigh high boots and a girl said, "Those are sooo cute, but they would never fit me. I have HUGE calves and thighs!" I looked at her, then looked at me...then looked at our reflections side by side. SHE WAS THE SAME SIZE AS ME. I took them off, told her to put them on, and told her she was the same size as me and that they would fit. They did. She still insisted that she was wayyy bigger than me though.

What is up with us chicks (yes I do this too) that we're so hard on ourselves?! It's not just the girls either. I've heard two teenage boys, both adorable, tell me they wished they could have an eating disorder and be as self disciplined to not eat/work out. So sad >.<

So this is a shout out to all the beautiful people...which is every single one of you. Have a good day, love, be loved.

Peace!
    ahh...what a kind thing you did for that girl! I have no idea why we torture ourselves by being unable to be who we truly are... others see it but we often seem to be the last to catch on. I think I might be coming around that curve though and realizing I am much smaller in reality than in my mind. Progress! It's taken a very long time to get to this point and it's a fragile point but I at least see a glimmer of it.

Wonderful post, thanks so much for sharing your positive words and being a cheerleader for us Hon :smooched: :flowerforyou:
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    *wipes away tears.
  • Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I needed this for myself too peeps :)

I go to beauty school...where it's ALL ABOUT LOOKING GOOD. It can be overwhelming sometimes just getting ready in the morning!!

and lol I have "Fat boy in the mirror" syndrome too...except it's "Fat girl in the mirror"

THE MIRROR IS A LIE!!

P.S. I feel like jeans are bad for my self-esteem. I keep them in the closet lol LEGGINGS FTW!! Okay, I know some people use them for motivation...but yeah some people just weren't meant for skinny jeans!
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I know looking back that I felt I was sooo fat when I was really skinny. I almost think that contributed to my weight now since I thought I was already fat and it didn't matter. If only I could go back and show myself what I had (or I guess, didn't have!)

This happened to me too. My boyfriend says it was a "self fulfilling prophecy" because I viewed myself as fat and other people said I was fat, so I eventually just became fat. Looking at old pictures of me and seeing the clothes I wore 10 years ago, I certainly was NOT fat.
  • lovinlife71
    Options
    Thanks for that post!!!! I NEEDED THAT!!!! You are AWESOME!!!!!:heart:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I needed this for myself too peeps :)

I go to beauty school...where it's ALL ABOUT LOOKING GOOD. It can be overwhelming sometimes just getting ready in the morning!!

and lol I have "Fat boy in the mirror" syndrome too...except it's "Fat girl in the mirror"

THE MIRROR IS A LIE!!

What a very cool thing to do for her! The mirror can be such a liar. I've been my size for about 6 or 8 weeks now and the mirror is starting to catch up to reality a little, but I know there will always be desparity. Today I blame the disparity on the skinny jeans I tried on last night, the ones that I got up were about 3 inches too big around the hips and waist but the legs . . . it was a struggle as I'm muscular. Damn skinny jeans always taking the wind out of my sails.
  • kyunda
    kyunda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Aww that was sooo nice of you to take your boots off for her...and SO AWESOME OF YOU TO POST THIS!!! :flowerforyou: :love:
  • igora_soma
    Options
    Thanks for that! It's a beautiful thing to say :)