Anyone trying Optifast?

Options
Hi, I am almost 50 years old and I have just hit the highest weight I have ever been at 130kg. I am a sugar addict and have been binging on and off for the last year.

Something has to change and I need to lose weight or I will lend up dying of a heart attack or stroke. I have beat cancer, I am not going to let sugar kill me.

I am interested in connecting with anyone else who is starting Optifast, or who has used it and can provide some tips and support on this journey.

I am starting for 4 weeks and will hopefully extended to 8 weeks if I am able to see some decent results. Have a break for our annual holiday and xmas and my 50th, and then back in for another 4-8 weeks in the new year.

Here's hoping I see some results and I can start to feel better about myself.

Happy to get some friend requests.

Cheers.

Replies

• GoPerfectHealth
    GoPerfectHealth Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I did Optifast many years ago and was successful, however, I gained all of the weight back. I recently lost 130 pounds with alternate day fasting and low carb which has helped break the food addiction. Prior to doing alternate day fasting I couldn't stick to a diet for more than about four months. I still have 40 pounds to lose, but this is the best I have ever done. I have read Jason Fung's books. You have to find something you can stick to over the long haul.