PERSONAL TRAINER HELP!!

Options
Hey MFP,
I have only been with this new personal trainer for a week or two now. He has rescheduled our sessions a few times in a row now, with notice of course. But the first time we met up i ended up being 10mins late to work because of it. He just now asked to reschedule a session of ours again.

Not only that but i initially told him that i prefer to be weighed in weekly. I have tried to weigh in daily and it caused me to have an unhealthy relationship with my scale; i told him this previously. I received a text message from him saying all of his clients will now be doing daily weigh ins and i don't agree with that at all. I feel like i have started to dread going to his sessions now because of that.

I have also started talking to a new personal training company that has the added bonus of being partnered with an nutritionist(current trainer does not have that).

I have been thinking about ending things with current trainer(i thought i could afford him but i was wrong).....how should i end it?

Replies

• LaurenBarnett2
    LaurenBarnett2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am the type of person that thrives off of a scheduled time too.
  • LaurenBarnett2
    Options
    Thank you so much! i will most definitely be looking into that.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Just say things don't seem to be a good fit for your expectations and you wish him well.
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    ^^ please ignore my horrible grammar mistakes 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Did you agree to a particular number of sessions with this guy? If yes, then you need to honour that but lay down the law about how you want the weigh ins etc to work for you. If no, then you simply tell him it's not working out and you want to stop.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Hey, there must be fifty ways to leave your trainer!

It seems like the straightforward ways would be best. Hopefully you haven't had to pay a bunch of $$ up front, but if you have, ask for it back (minus one session).

Remember who works for whom.
  • LaurenBarnett2
    Options
    Thanks you guys! i have two more sessions left with him after that he will not be getting any more of my money and we will be done.
  • LaurenBarnett2
    Options
    I was supposed to have my last session tomorrow with this trainer but he wants to reschedule less than 24hrs prior; to next tuesday. I have already hired another personal training company that works better with my schedule. Our scheduled times are Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5pm and I really dont want to overdo it by doing two workouts in the same day again.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I was supposed to have my last session tomorrow with this trainer but he wants to reschedule less than 24hrs prior; to next tuesday. I have already hired another personal training company that works better with my schedule. Our scheduled times are Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5pm and I really dont want to overdo it by doing two workouts in the same day again.

Honestly not sure why you didn’t demand a refund in the first place, but since you chose not to do that, I would just forego the final session and consider it a lesson learned.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options

Tell him no. He either meets at the time agreed to or he refunds you for that session.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    He works for you not the other way around. If he's not working out than fire him. You don't owe him any explanations or apologies. If he asks why than tell him. Maybe he won't be so inconsiderate and bad with future clients if it starts costing him.