Creative Chest/Shoulders/Arms Workout Ideas?

Hi all,

I'm currently in physio for rotator cuff/wrist damage. I'm struggling to find any creative ways to work Chest, Biceps, Arms as these rely on those areas. For an idea of where I am, I can't put body weight on a 90o angle so pressups, mountain climbers, full plank etc are all out. For shoulder press anything more than 4kg I can't do.

I was wondering if anyone has had similar injuries and worked out ways to isolate these pain points out of movements?

Thanks - Luke.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    My
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Shoulder injuries can be very elusive depending in the exact site injured. My physio team gave me specific exercises to target my injury. I suggest you talk to your physio about this. Random well meaning internet peeps can sometimes give poor advice. Otherwise, common chest shoulder and arm exercises are easy to find. You don’t really need to get too creative. Hope you feel better soon.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,886 Member
    Another vote for talking to your physio about this.
  • IronIsMyTherapy
    IronIsMyTherapy Posts: 482 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    My

Isometric holds
  • lukeryanoneplus
    lukeryanoneplus Posts: 10 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    My

Isometric holds

Thanks to the two above, and IronIsMyTherapy - I think Isometric Holds could be worth looking at, the physio has said that anything not bringing direct pain is fine as he suspects it's ligament related (waiting for sports therapist referral and MRI to confirm) - If I was able to find a painless hold that would do the trick I think.
  • Musclemassass
    Musclemassass Posts: 5 Member
    If you have a mini loop, the kind used for glutes... I put the band over my elbows and then push outwards with my elbows. Make prayer hands (super humble) but don't clasp hands together. Burns my shoulders and outer arm muscles and room for overload by combining bands.