praying for...

Options
bry_all01
bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
rain here in Texas to put these fires out, or for the fires to stop. The smoke is bad enough that I smelled it this morning, and last I heard, there weren't even any that close to me, but close enough to smell. For those of you it has already affected and those in the path, my heart and prayers go out to you. Stay safe!

Also, praying for friends and family who live in states that are getting flooded. My heart and prayers also go out to all of you. Stay dry!

Replies

• Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I wish Texas could get some of the rain that is flooding others...

C'mon mother nature, I see solutions here!
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    Amen girl! All smoke and haze when I step out of the house this morning!

Do we need to do a rain dance or something cause I am sooo IN!!
  • DaveJ_43
    DaveJ_43 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Wouldnt it be nice if we could have a little more balance ... take all the rain up here and send it down there. Lovely sentiments, Bry. My prayers and thoughts are with the great state of Texas.
  • flavoid
    flavoid Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    from your mouth to god's ear.

I'd even be willing to give up some of the rain we've been getting here on the east coast to help out {wink}

P.
  • mrscates
    mrscates Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Yes! We are in the most awful drought this year
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Amen girl! All smoke and haze when I step out of the house this morning!

Do we need to do a rain dance or something cause I am sooo IN!!

whatever it takes. My aunt lives in Needville and I just found out yesterday afternoon that there were some out there now, too.
  • mrscates
    mrscates Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Wouldnt it be nice if we could have a little more balance ... take all the rain up here and send it down there. Lovely sentiments, Bry. My prayers and thoughts are with the great state of Texas.
    Thank you! :)
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    Praying for the rain to leave here and head to Texas.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Ah, my beautiful Texas! :sad: The air was horrible here in Austin yesterday. We are praying constantly. Hubby's boss lost his home in Bastrop, and my neighbors grandmother lost her home and all of her animals. And no rain in the forecast through September.

Thank you for posting Bry. I'm praying for rain and that all of you stay safe. These fires are popping up everywhere. :frown:
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    1,032 homes have been lost so far. This is heart breaking.

Lord Father, You are the Alpha and the Omega. All things are possible through You. If you are willing Lord, please send us some rain. Soothe the dry and overly thirsty ground. Make the fires cease. You told the stars where to be, You told the ocean that it can only go so far and then it must stop, You hold us all in your hands, Lord. You, Father can stop these fires. You can bring refreshing life to all the beasts...small and large. We know that You love us Father, we know that we must remain strong and rely on You...We are so very thankful for everything You do for us. Please give us some relief, Father. We praise Your name and we pray this through Your most precious son's name, Jesus Christ. Amen.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    We're dealing with flooding/evacuations for the 3rd time this summer. Crazy.

Every wonder if the natural balance of things is so out of wack that the environment/nature/earth is slowly resetting itself? Could we be in the middle of an ice age in 200 years?
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I just want to echo the prayers we are sending to our neighbors to the west. I have 1 friend who has already lost their home. We are praying for the fire fighters, for the families and for the animals that are dealing with these fires. Be safe and bring us some water! :)
  • rebawagner
    rebawagner Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I wish there was more that everyone could do but it just seems like a waiting game!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Please donate to the redcross.

I went to the Bastrop's Distribution Center in Smithsville (city right by Bastrop) 2 nights ago to volunteer and you should had seen all the help that was collected in just a day and a half. It was beautiful. But there is still so much to be done and these families need all the help they can get.

Prayers are much needed too.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    I, too, have a friend who lost everything in the TX fires on Monday. She's requesting all help be sent to the Red Cross as well. Prayers..
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I hope you guys get some rain soon! We had nasty fires this year in Arizona too.
  • Scarletblue
    Options
    1,032 homes have been lost so far. This is heart breaking.

Lord Father, You are the Alpha and the Omega. All things are possible through You. If you are willing Lord, please send us some rain. Soothe the dry and overly thirsty ground. Make the fires cease. You told the stars where to be, You told the ocean that it can only go so far and then it must stop, You hold us all in your hands, Lord. You, Father can stop these fires. You can bring refreshing life to all the beasts...small and large. We know that You love us Father, we know that we must remain strong and rely on You...We are so very thankful for everything You do for us. Please give us some relief, Father. We praise Your name and we pray this through Your most precious son's name, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Amen.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    My prayers go out to those in need of a miricle, God Bless.
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    wish the rain here could move to where it is needed..

hope all are safe.