How do you deal with the hunger!

I'm staying at 1200 calories a day and I eat my exercise calories but I find that I'm STILL STARVING at the end of the day. I've lost steadily and I try to eat balanced healthful meals but I just can't seem to be satisfied. What am I doing wrong? I've been losing weight steadily over the last month but the hunger is making me super irritable. Take a look at my diary to see what I'm eating!

Replies

• NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Open up your diary, I will take a look.
  • I_GoT_ThIs
    I_GoT_ThIs Posts: 170 Member
    Try to save some calories, and eat some almonds or peanut butter or something filling like that in the evening. See if that helps you.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Your diary is private. If you are eating a lot of lean protein, healthy grains, fruits and veggies, then you may just need to up your calories. 1200 isn't a magic number and is too low for some people. If you are eating a lot of prepared foods, they just really aren't that filling and I would suggest making as much of your own food as you can from fresh produce and meat.
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    your diary is set on private so we cant see it. My guess is that your working out too much and not eating enough. Make sure you add plenty of protein to every meal or snack and that should hold your hunger. protein makes you feel full and satisfied.
  • Try eating 1 slice of bread with some peanut butter, its only about 100 calories and it fills you up!
  • elo83
    elo83 Posts: 97 Member
    Sorry everyone! I think I made it public now! Thanks for the helpful suggestions everyone!
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Your diary is private. If you are eating a lot of lean protein, healthy grains, fruits and veggies, then you may just need to up your calories. 1200 isn't a magic number and is too low for some people. If you are eating a lot of prepared foods, they just really aren't that filling and I would suggest making as much of your own food as you can from fresh produce and meat.

Agreed! Try to make everything yourself and you will probably find you are more full. I can't finish all my calories + exercise calories every day because this is how I eat. I also eat plenty of healthy fat and protein, and that helps me to stay full all the time.
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    IMHO, too many carbs = less ability to control hunger. Maybe try cutting your carbs and upping your proteins/healthy fats. They are more satiating and keep your blood sugar stable, which stabilizes hunger and cravings.

But yes, you need to open up your diary. :D
  • lazaroff
    lazaroff Posts: 1 Member
    I don't know if this thought will help you, but be sure you are drinking lots of water. I keep water with me at all times, and it really helps me with that full feeling. You may also find adding more raw foods into your eating program may also help you feel fuller for much longer periods of time. Processed foods tend to work through our bodies much more quickly than raw foods. I find raw granola bars help me feel very full for longer than a regular bowl of cereal or eggs. Good luck with your journey!
  • spinaddict4life
    spinaddict4life Posts: 93 Member
    Need to open your diary up, but if you eat a lot of processd foods or refined grains, you will be hungry, choose more whole grains for your carbs, high fiber veggies and fruits.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I only glanced at a few days but it looks like you are eating weill. But if your body is telling you it's hungry then eat more, just keep it low cal. Munch on some veggies or fruit to tide you over til the next meal. Or try drinking someone no/low cal to fill your stomach.
  • elo83
    I think my diary is open now but I'm not sure. How can I check? Can someone tell me how to make it public?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I think my diary is open now but I'm not sure. How can I check? Can someone tell me how to make it public?

It is public now.
  • MysticLiz
    MysticLiz Posts: 61 Member
    determination and will power! Everyday you get a big stronger! Good luck!
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    I think that you probably just need to eat cleaner so that you can eat more for less calories.....
  • I looked back a week on your diary and noticed on Fri Sat and Sun you had a bunch of egg whites for breakfast and skipped lunch. That's ok, I'm assuming you weren't hungry / slept late. Try boiling eggs and eating those for snacks, or if home scramble with a tad of cheese / meat / veggies. I have always have lite string cheese and boiled eggs ready, as well as peanut butter and rice cakes. If you're losing more than two pounds a week, you may want to increase your calories a bit. Also, "good fats" keep you fuller longer than carbs. Are you taking a multi-vitamin? Your body may need more nutrition, therefore you are hungry. One more thing: Are you getting enough sleep? If you are tired, you will tend to eat more for energy. Good luck and let us know the end results.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Your diary is open....I think that maybe you could eat a salad instead of bread with your steak at lunch. I eat a lot of salads with grilled chicken or steak one for lunch and one for dinner...but I have a 3 french toast sticks and egg whites for breakfast...I eat a granola bar, cherries, an apple, a banana during the day and still end up with 500 calories left over....are you doing cardio?
  • ritaadkins2002
    ritaadkins2002 Posts: 371 Member
    i usually try to drink water before each meals. to help with hunger....and very important when u are eating make sure u eat slowly and enjoy the taste of yur food....put yur fork down a few seconds, then pick it up.....researchers said eating slow and enjoying yur bites will shrink ur stomach and make u feel even foul...and u won't have so much cravings. i do this and it works.:smile:
  • elo83
    I mostly do cardio with 2 days of strength training. Getting at least 6-7 hours of sleep, I can't sleep more than that my body just naturally wants to get up. Does that help?
  • Up your kcal to 1500, 1200 is to little and when you body is geting to little it stores the kcals as fat for times when it thinks it need it,
    I used to make the same mistake and do low calorie diets but found if i added say 500kcals more i would loose weight easier, now i can eat near 3000kcal and still loose weight with 30-60mins exercise everyday.