Any women out there trying to lose weight?

Hello, I’m JJ and I am looking to connect with other women like me who are trying to lose fat... People who motivate!

Replies

• Wanderwoman2021
    Wanderwoman2021 Posts: 22 Member
    Yea me too
  • JJgetsfit2019
    JJgetsfit2019 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi there Wanderwoman 👋🏻 I guess I should correct myself and say I’m trying to lower my total body fat...
  • SonFlowerTC
    SonFlowerTC Posts: 42 Member
    I lost 6 pounds from April to June and now gained 6 pounds! I went back i eating some of the food I enjoy so I’m upset with myself that I have little self discipline but I’m going to focus again and start recording everything AGAIN! I’m looking for a way to take pictures of everything I eat. I’m going to try to eat what I did and in May when I showed a significant and consistent drop. 🧐
  • sarahstewart558
    sarahstewart558 Posts: 9 Member
    Yes, I’ve put on so much during lockdown ☹️ Currently I am focusing on nutrition and logging everything that I eat but I was wondering if you ladies are incorporating fitness to speed up the weight loss? Except for walking, I don’t know what to do. I could join a gym but it costs £40 p/m. I’m 48 years old and completely out of shape but My thought process is to take one step at a time and concentrate on change of diet. Any help given is greatly appreciated 😊
  • I'm just getting started on my fitness journey. Hoping to lose 35-40 pounds. I'm 54 years old and exercising is harder than it used to be 🤣😂. There are a lot of exercise videos on youtube to try.
  • sarahstewart558
    sarahstewart558 Posts: 9 Member
    I'm just getting started on my fitness journey. Hoping to lose 35-40 pounds. I'm 54 years old and exercising is harder than it used to be 🤣😂. There are a lot of exercise videos on youtube to try.

Is that what you’re doing Kelly? Are you concentrating on arms one day, legs the next, tummy the next and cardio on another day? Which video would you recommend? I honestly don’t know where to start🙊🤷‍♀️
  • SonFlowerTC
    I did a zumba video that was pretty fun! 30 mins Zumba Dance Workout - Full Video
    Also did an exercise video: 30-min Feel Good Strength and Cardio Workout. But my husband had some difficulty with this but I was fine.
  • SonFlowerTC
    My nutritionist told me I had to step up my exercise if I wanted to lose weight!
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    edited October 2020
    My nutritionist told me I had to step up my exercise if I wanted to lose weight!

I would find a different nutritionist lol
  • calichick1978
    calichick1978 Posts: 29 Member
    PLEASE ADD ME!!!
    I am 42, Just finished loosing the fist half of my weight (52 pounds ) - I've got about 40-45 to go, depends on how much muscle I gain
    I have lost it all during lockdown
    I'm eating good, need to step up and really focus on logging it all
    I've been walking and I have a TRX system set up outside, but TBH I dont do it because frankly I hate strength training.

I really like full body workouts...something that is going to give me cardio and tone muscles at the same time. There are several on youtube, but I do a $20/month subscription to Thedailyburn.com
    It's helped me a lot

WE CAN DO IT!!!
  • calichick1978
    Way to go Ash!!!
  • SonFlowerTC
    I love my nutritionist. She gives me new ideas to substitute my bad choices. She gave me my plan and when I followed it, I lost the weight I needed to lose. She’s from HEB :)
  • SonFlowerTC
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life! Everyday we need to make the decision to eat right and exercise to be in good health for ourselves and those we love ❤️
  • calichick1978
    I love my nutritionist. She gives me new ideas to substitute my bad choices. She gave me my plan and when I followed it, I lost the weight I needed to lose. She’s from HEB :)

Give us a taste? What was a good swap??
  • SonFlowerTC
    Greek yogurt for sour cream: .4c/0f, .9p vs .8c/2.3f/.3p (carbs/fat/protein)
  • SonFlowerTC
    I’ve gone back to being meticulous about recording everything I eat and 1) food looks small but it’s been satisfying 2)lost .5 lbs in a week! 😊
  • SonFlowerTC
    I eat Belinski chicken sausage because it has less fat 💪
  • SonFlowerTC
    I’ll give another, so many!!!
    Hummus vs butter. 1T - 2.3g fat/ 11g fat
  • calichick1978
    I’ve gone back to being meticulous about recording everything I eat and 1) food looks small but it’s been satisfying 2)lost .5 lbs in a week! 😊

Love it!! Great job!