New to Macro counting

Hello everyone, I'm curious how many of you are doing the macro way to track your food etc. I'm new to this and from what is shows, I should be eating more calories that I never used to eat before. Anyone was in that same issue and looking forward to have some new peeps to help me on that too and give me some tips. Thank you!

Replies

• chefnatmaynard
    chefnatmaynard Posts: 6 Member
    @nanastaci2020 Thank you for taking time to talk about your experience and what you are doing with your macros and calories. Yeah I've been watching my macros to make sure I don't exceed what I am suppose to eat in one day. Currently I have 182g of protein, 82g of Fat, and 271g of carbs. I'll be honest, so far I wasn't able to eat as much as I should with what is required. I workout 3 times a week with a personal trainer and she was showing me those numbers will be best for me. It's been only my 3rd day on it and so far it pretty easy as long you read labels and watch what you eat. As for as my fat, I'm trying to get it from the good fat, fish, nuts, oils, and avocados. I prefer eating protein for sure in the morning cause I feel full way longer and can't wait until lunch without feeling too hungry. The goal is really to balance it out and feel that you are not depriving yourself for sure. Thank you again for your input and help.
  • dsconz
    dsconz Posts: 2 Member
    Hi there! I am starting tomorrow counting macros. For the 1st week, I have 170g of carbs, 57g of fat, and 125g of protein. I like to have a protein shake in the a.m. w either a banana or berries, 1 tbl flax seed, 1 tbl chia seeds, 1 tbl of cacoa powder, w 8 ounces of almond milk, and 1 tbl of peanut butter. Do you think I can continue to have this as my morning meal? I workout 3 times a week. 30 min of HIIT indoor cycling followed by strength training. Thanks for the input.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Honestly, if you are new to this, counting macros just over complicates the process. Macros are for health, not weight loss. Weight loss comes from eating in a calorie deficit.
  • FTS511
    FTS511 Posts: 4 Member
    dsconz

Set up your Macros, then enter you food the day before, you will be able to see if you can continue to eat some of the things you're eating, you may need to modify quantities or all-together change products/recipes.