Any women out there trying to lose weight?

2»

Replies

• sarahstewart558
    sarahstewart558 Posts: 9 Member
    Greek yogurt for sour cream: .4c/0f, .9p vs .8c/2.3f/.3p (carbs/fat/protein)

That’s Greek yogurt on my shopping list then 😄
    I’ve swapped a few things, green tea for black with milk etc, but also I’ve swapped unsweetened almond milk for semi-skimmed cows milk. Good choice or bad choice?🤷‍♀️
  • calichick1978
    calichick1978 Posts: 29 Member
    Greek yogurt for sour cream: .4c/0f, .9p vs .8c/2.3f/.3p (carbs/fat/protein)

That’s Greek yogurt on my shopping list then 😄
    I’ve swapped a few things, green tea for black with milk etc, but also I’ve swapped unsweetened almond milk for semi-skimmed cows milk. Good choice or bad choice?🤷‍♀️

I think the milk is a preference. Semi-Skim (1%) is not a terrible choice at all. Keeps both fat and calorie count down. I personally prefer almond milk to drink or eat with cereal, but I do cook w/ Cow's milk
  • sarahstewart558
    Yay, 3.3kg (7lb) down today, still have many more to lose but it’s a start. I know that the first 2 weeks are the easiest to lose weight but still happy that I’ve lost 👍
  • michelleh9963
    michelleh9963 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm happy to have found this group! I am 38 and 170lbs. I've really been working hard since April and not had any improvement. My physician and RD have no other advice for me and my friend has lost 50lbs! I'm in need of a motivational group to help me through this!

Some of the things I've done: Intermittent fasting, calorie counting (1500, then 1400, now at 1300), weighting my food (4oz protein, 2-3 carbs, unlimited veggies), a increase in fitness (invested in a home gym with a treadmill and weights), and I use BeachBody On Demand videos 5-7 days a week (3 cardio and 2 weight days). All I can point to now is stress and sleep, maybe perimenopause...?
  • sarahstewart558
    I'm happy to have found this group! I am 38 and 170lbs. I've really been working hard since April and not had any improvement. My physician and RD have no other advice for me and my friend has lost 50lbs! I'm in need of a motivational group to help me through this!

Some of the things I've done: Intermittent fasting, calorie counting (1500, then 1400, now at 1300), weighting my food (4oz protein, 2-3 carbs, unlimited veggies), a increase in fitness (invested in a home gym with a treadmill and weights), and I use BeachBody On Demand videos 5-7 days a week (3 cardio and 2 weight days). All I can point to now is stress and sleep, maybe perimenopause...?

How do you feel in your clothes?
    Do they feel looser?
    I’m hoping that your weight is transforming into muscle if not then, I am flabbergasted that you’ve plateaued from all your hard work 😓.
    I’m new at this but I’m sure others will give you great advice.
    Don’t let it get you down, stick with it. I have faith that this is a blip and suddenly you will see a difference.
    Mahousive hug from Scotland to you coz honestly you don’t deserve those wretched scales not moving.
  • happyness4me
    happyness4me Posts: 58 Member
    Hello, I’m JJ and I am looking to connect with other women like me who are trying to lose fat... People who motivate!

Me! I'm starting over. I lost 22 pounds in 2017 maintained it for 2 years and have gained back about 15 over the last year. I had deleted mfp out of frustration with myself but realized I need the support. I'm back to counting calories and looking for friends.
  • michelleh9963
    michelleh9963 Posts: 3 Member

How do you feel in your clothes?
    Do they feel looser?
    I’m hoping that your weight is transforming into muscle if not then, I am flabbergasted that you’ve plateaued from all your hard work 😓.
    I’m new at this but I’m sure others will give you great advice.
    Don’t let it get you down, stick with it. I have faith that this is a blip and suddenly you will see a difference.
    Mahousive hug from Scotland to you coz honestly you don’t deserve those wretched scales not moving.

I'm in the same size clothing. Maybe a little loser in the "muffin top" LOL. I have heard coworkers ask what I've been doing since I look slimmer. I appreciate all of them :)
  • Howard_M_Burgerz
    Howard_M_Burgerz Posts: 61 Member
    Any women out there trying to lose weight?
    I'm surprised that so many responded. I had no idea that anyone on MFP was trying to lose weight?? :D