Just ADDED 9 pounds to my profile...

Options
Just had to update my profile adding 9 more lbs on. At one point I was at 49lbs lost and fell off the Bus after a Carnival Crusie / 24-7 Buffet a few months back. Not feeling very motivated, whats keeps you all going?

Replies

• poseyj88
    poseyj88 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I had to add a couple pounds after being on vacation for a month, too. Don't worry about it.

I find I need to let go of the past (easier said than done!) and just look forward to TODAY. Today is a new day. Ignore yesterday. Now I'm back on track and feeling great.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    i just recorded my first GAIN today too .....
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I am going on a cruise in December, and really worried about weight gain. The food is there all the time, and its hard to make really good choices on the ship. But, I am working hard now so that if I gain a few it won't be the end of the world. I hope you had fun on the cruise!
  • farrellb2
    Options
    Just keep thinking I can do better than yesterday and remember that today is a brand new day!
  • Jennfur2610
    Jennfur2610 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    What's keeping me going in a good exercise buddy, and two different bridesmaids dresses. One is for October and one is in May. My goal is to not need any insane alterations to the dress for May.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is going to come. Next week is going to come. Next year is going to come, and what I will be like THEN is determined by what I'm doing TODAY. What keeps me going is forgetting about all the mistakes of the past and focusing on today. Today I can eat healthy, get some exercise and stay focused.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I was maintaining for a couple months, then I went to Hawaii and San Diego. I put on a total of 5 pounds during that period. I am slowly taking it off. You can do it! Don't let the scale sadden you...use it as motivation!
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    That nine pounds would keep me motivated!
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Feeling you today...I am REFUSING to go back. I can't feel that terrible again!!
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs last year before the summer and had to add it all back a few weeks ago. Dont be discouraged! No matter what we are lapping everyone on the couch! Baby steps. Get up, get back into it. Find out what you love about losing weight besides the weight. I know how much I love to cook healthy food, so losing weight for me means cooking and trying new things. Thats enjoyable for me. On top of the feeling of being skinnier. Start today. Dont wait until tomorrow. Tomorrow is always going to be there to use as an excuse. Dont let it. I told myself last month that I missed out on losing my weight for the summer and I would try again next year. Then a few days later I thought to myself "try again next year???" "Am I crazy?!?!?!" I have to start this now! Next year is way too far for me to even know the damage I will do to myself by then. Today is always the best day to start. So I've decided now that I'm going to be skinny for the winter! When everyone is fat and eating carbs and lounging around I am going to feel great and look fantastic in my cute winterwear! And then when summer comes, I wont even have to plan on losing weight because it will already be gone! What a great reward that will be. Do things a little at a time, but just keep it up. And if you fall off, get back on as soon as possible. YOU CAN DO THIS!!
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I recently went on vacation to Mexico. I came back to no power thanks to Irene. I had to wait almost a week before I was able to start pals again, due to not having electricity. I just started up again this past Monday, I only gained about 2 lbs on vacation. I have already shed those 2 lbs plus an additional 2.4 pounds (water I know but heck I'll take it). What I found motivational was getting back on here and seeing all my pals doing well. It made me want to do well too. Also it helped when I got on the scale after vacation and seeing I did not gain as much as I thought I would.

Don't let your gain discourage you. It happens. You can do this, I have faith in you! :happy:
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    My motivation is the desire to have a home birth - my future midwife agreed that as long as I was maintaining a healthy lifestyle, barring other health problems I wouldn't be considered high-risk. Healthy babies and no hospital? Definitely a good motivator.
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is going to come. Next week is going to come. Next year is going to come, and what I will be like THEN is determined by what I'm doing TODAY. What keeps me going is forgetting about all the mistakes of the past and focusing on today. Today I can eat healthy, get some exercise and stay focused.

Love, love, love this!!! :heart:
  • ande2994
    Options
    Even WITH the extra nine pounds, look how much you've lost over your total journey! That's what keeps me motivated -- knowing that even when I slip up, I'm still closer to my goal than I was when I started. It makes it all seem worth it.