Hi

Options
I'm new to fitness pal. Anyone have any ideas on how to speed up this weight loss. Has anyone used HCG weight loss plan?

Replies

• GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Hi back and welcome!!! You will find a lot of support here. I find what works best for me is to make sure to keep my food diary as accurate as I can. It makes me more accountable to myself. I also try to excercise as often as I can. Friend me if you like.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    You may not find many fans of the HCG diet on here...In my opinion, it is not a safe diet and you will probably gain your weight back when you decide that 500 cals isn't what you want to do the rest of you life.
    I suggest you count your cals and exercise and accept that it is a slow journey.

I once read, "wouldn't you want lose it (weight) slowly and only once, rather than quickly but many times"
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    You didn't gain it over night, you can't lose it over night. If you want to lose it and keep it off, you have to make a lifestyle change, not follow a diet.

Eat healthy food, lots of protein and fiber.

Cut out as much sodium as possible.

Drink lots of water, and be active!

It will come off, and you will feel better about it!

Good luck!
  • suejoy42
    suejoy42 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I just joined like maybe a month:smile:
  • Chargaile
    Chargaile Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just starting today with myfitnesspal. I am 67, semi-retired, physically fit and about 20 pounds overweight. A bad reflection in the mirror yesterday sent me over the edge....can I just say.....sumo wrestler's belly starting me in the eye ::sick:
  • Zebraone
    Options
    Thanks for the support. I really need it. So no HCG diet. It took me years to gain this weight so it's going to take me a while to get it off and keep it off. My goal is 140 lbs I have a long way to go. One day at a time.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    yep, one day at a time...Id suggest setting mini goals and rewarding yourself when you reach them...preferably with non-food things like spa day, new shoes, movies with the girls...etc.
  • smiller422
    Options
    Hi eveyone!! I just joined yesterday and so excited about my journey!! This site is awesome! I feel inspired about seeing everyone's journey as well. :happy: