Diet for productivity

I search for ways how to maintain productivity during day. I think about OMAD diet (eating all calories in one sitting). Do you think it is a good idea? I often find myself tired for about an hour after eating so much food. Moreover, it is uncomfortable. Thank you for your opinion.

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    matiseli wrote: »
    I search for ways how to maintain productivity during day. I think about OMAD diet (eating all calories in one sitting). Do you think it is a good idea? I often find myself tired for about an hour after eating so much food. Moreover, it is uncomfortable. Thank you for your opinion.

I am confused. Are you complaining about OMAD because it is so much food and it interferes with your productivity or are you considering it as way to boost productivity? If you were considering it for increase and you are considering eating at the end of the day wouldn't hunger and possible lethargy be a bigger problem?

Have you configured your work space to be conducive to achieving and maintaining a flow state? If not, I would start there.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    If it works for you, then it is a good idea for you. But if you're uncomfortable and tired about 1 huge meal: sounds like it is not good for you.
  • IronIsMyTherapy
    IronIsMyTherapy Posts: 482 Member
    Meal prep once a week and opt for meals you're ok eating cold.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    If you find OMAD tiring and uncomfortable, you answered your own question.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,792 Member
    The best eating schedule for productivity is the one that makes you, personally, most productive. This varies by individual.

Eating schedule makes no difference to weight loss, which is all about total calories, unless a particular eating schedule affects your energy level (i.e., affects your calorie expenditure) or affects your satiation (i.e., affects your ability to stick consistently to your calorie goal).

So: Experiment to find the eating schedule that - for you as an individual - balances satiation, energy, convenience, and any other factors that matter to you.

As long as you hit the right calorie level, you can achieve weight management goals on any eating schedule. Some people here succeed with OMAD. Some people here succeed with all-day snacking/grazing. Other people here succeed with any kind of eating schedule in between, whatever numbers/sizes/timings of meals snacks work best for them. Some people (like me) don't even do the same eating schedule every day. It's flexible.