SOOOOO Tired!!!

Options
I am so tired today!!! I woke up tired, and I just couldn't get motivated! I finally did a 30 min. yoga DVD, and that's IT!!! I usually work out for at least an hour, sometimes an hour and a half.

Now I feel guilty because I didn't meet my daily exercise goal, and I probably won't have time later to do anything else!

I am still so tired! Maybe because it is Friday, I've had a rough week. I stayed up too late for the past 2 nights and I had to get up extra early this morning. Not to mention the wonderful PMS!

Just needed to vent, and to get some uplift from you wonderful people!

Replies

• Cherylann402
    Options
    I am so tired today!!! I woke up tired, and I just couldn't get motivated! I finally did a 30 min. yoga DVD, and that's IT!!! I usually work out for at least an hour, sometimes an hour and a half.

Now I feel guilty because I didn't meet my daily exercise goal, and I probably won't have time later to do anything else!

I am still so tired! Maybe because it is Friday, I've had a rough week. I stayed up too late for the past 2 nights and I had to get up extra early this morning. Not to mention the wonderful PMS!

Just needed to vent, and to get some uplift from you wonderful people!
  • bluestime
    Options
    butterless popcorn and diet pop will solve all your problems! Well, I tried anyway.
  • babyhippo
    Options
    Don't forget, our body need sleep just like it needs food and water. Don't deprive yourself.
  • tatumas
    Options
    I completely understand!! I think with women that time of the month can be really hard sometimes. You should not get down on yourself. Just stay motivated and keep moving forward. If you have time later to go for a light walk or something...great. If not, don't feel guilty. I always tell myself to keep moving forward and don't look back! You will reach your goal!!! From your picture it looks like you get a pretty good workout just in your daily routine. :wink:

Have a fabulous weekend!!!
  • its time for change
    Options
    I've had days like that. Could you be low in iron? Could it be nearing that time? Just trying to think of some reasons other than lack of sleep. I hope that you get a huge boost of energy soon!! Showers always help me wake up when nothing else will.
  • Tgeorge
    Options
    I hear ya! I get up to work out at 4:45 am 6 days a week. There are those days that I feel like I just can't wake up.

Here's some key things I have learned on those days-
    Don't drink any caffenine- it only helps for about 20 minutes then throws your body into cravings.
    Don't forgot to get your water in.
    This one is the most important- really track your food. I have a habit of really going beserk on eating/snacking when I am tired and just want comfort.
    Do try to take a 30 minute rest- you don't have to sleep but try going to your car at lunch and just closing your eyes or try to meditate if you can for 30 minutes- it will give you more of a pick up then caffeine.

Lastly, you maight need either iron or B12. I take a B12 every Saturday and you just can't imagine the difference it made in my weekly energy.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Iron! Here are some non-meat, lower cal options: cashews (small portion), spinach and chickpeas (garbanzo) I usually eat hummus and veg at my "special lady time". I also eat red meat, which I hardly ever do.

Rest. Your body is trying to tell you something.

You might need extra carbs, as your seretonin gets lower during PMS. Try for whole grains (think oatmeal, not cookies) (MMMMMM....cookies). That will help.

Also, I find it's extra important to take a multi-vitamin and I also have started taking 400 IU of vitamin E and 1000 IU of D everday. It has helped those low-energy periods. I'm still in bed by 9 p.m. about three days a month though.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Cherylann402
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm still tired, but your suggestions were great! I made it through the day, and tomorrow is Saturday!!!! YEAH, I get to sleep in!!!!:happy: