Protein!

Options
So I'm trying to eat more sources of protein to help get lean - trying to find things high in protein, low in fat/carbs is hard - can anyone offer advice more than non-fat cottage cheese and salmon as excellent sources of protein?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    chicken, greek yogurt, tuna

don't fear fat though
  • linda1243
    Options
    egg whites.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    spinach, almonds, black beans...
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    hemp hearts - i eat them at least 6 days a week in my smoothies
    pistachios
  • scv4414
    scv4414 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Protein powder...my favorite is biochem vanilla whey. I use it in smoothies, oatmeal and even a glass of milk. If you try to go totally low fat, it's going to be hard to eat enough protein. There are good fats. I recommend the book "New Rules of Weight Lifting"...it gave me good perspective and the balance.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Tofu
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Beans are loaded with protein and fat free. But why avoid fat? Nuts are very high protein and full of healthy fats.
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Lean grass fed beef, sardines.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Chic peas (garbanzo beans), beans, nuts, and those have fiber which is supposed to make you feel fuller, and move food through more quickly with less fat absorption. Fish. Alos "grass fed" is much lower in sat fat like 60% less than corn fed beef.
  • heidi599
    Options
    My fav shake is Premier Protein, 30 grams of protien, 160 calories, 1 gram of sugar and both the vanilla and chocolate are good! I have bought 2 boxes that are too thick and I contacted Premier and they sent me two replacements. You can buy them at costco.
  • matthewburditt
    Options
    Thanks all!
    I knew about sardines, bought some, but am unsure how to eat them as I never have before - hahaha!
    Any recommendations?