How do you log a naughty take-away!

Options
Ok, so I have done a really hardcore leg workout this morning and I am sooooo sore. My car isn't working so I'm gonna treat myself to a chinese take-away. I'm starving as I've had a salad for lunch, with no carbs whatsoever so I can stuff my face tonight.
How do you guys log a take-away, or do you even bother?!

In other news, I'm starting the 30 Day Shred next week. Wish me luck!

Replies

• cervenec
    Options
    Generally I look up the generic version of the food in the database, and add 50-100 cals.

and good luck on the 30DS!!!
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I haven't found a Chinese dish that isn't in the database yet! Search for it and log it :)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    find the nutrition info on line, or at least something that resembles what you are having.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    what everyone else said. hell, i think some entries even say "take-out" in them.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    log it!! own it!! you don't have to feel guilty about it by any means but you shouldn't "sweep it under the rug" and forget about it. I think if you ignore it, it will set the stage for your day/week to just go downhill (ie, I've already wrecked it, so who cares about another cookie....etc)
  • nirvana1
    Options
    Thanks guys, I have like 900 calories left so surely I can stuff myself pretty good!
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I had this issue recently with a Japanese Steak House, and I just did searches online to find the pieces of my meal in other places and built it myself. Make the best good faith estimate that you can, and stick with it. Log it as a meal so that the next time you have that take away, you'll be using the same basis and are consistent with your estimations.
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    What they said! Good luck on the 30 DS... it is AWESOMEEEEE!!
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    There is a food in the database called chinese buffet plate. I use that. because really, if I'm eating chinese it's my cheat meal so I only need a basic idea.
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    All the Chinese food cooks go to a cooking school to learn how to cook that crap. This means it's pretty much the same chicken fried rice regardless of where you go to eat it. There's nothing Chinese about any of that food.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Log it and be honest. No point in using a food diary if you lie to yourself. ;)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    OH yeah, you should be able to have a nice treat with that many calories!!

Most of the common dishes are in the database. I've even found a couple just by typing a couple of the main ingredients in the search.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    your food diary isn't public, so i don't know how long you've been doing this. it does say you joined october of last year, and i joined in august... but only started taking it seriously about two months ago. anyway, my point is that once you get used to measuring food out and weighing it, you start to understand what your body wants and craves, and how to tell the difference.

btw, what did you get?? i love sesame chicken with pork fried brown rice.
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    log it!! own it!! you don't have to feel guilty about it by any means but you shouldn't "sweep it under the rug" and forget about it. I think if you ignore it, it will set the stage for your day/week to just go downhill (ie, I've already wrecked it, so who cares about another cookie....etc)

EXACTLY! Even on weekends away, when I've gone thousands over, I have done my best to log as accurately as I can. I've never thought of 'log it, own it', but I'm so adopting that saying! Do NOT assign guilt, but log it, enjoy it...and look back on it as part of this wonderful journey!
  • nirvana1
    Options
    I had a beef and pineapple, and I enjoyed every mouth full!