any vitamins advise?

Options
Good morning everyone

I was wondering what vitamin I can take for energy and well being. I work full time (in an office working in front of a computer 9hours a day), commute everyday for 4hours and have a 2 year old baby. Plus I might be going back to school soon. I am exhausted and NEED ENERGY  . I also try to run before going to sleep to relieve the stress.
I have been taking fish oil 2 capsules everyday.
Could you advise me on something, I know that B12 and B5 are great but would you advise buying a multi vitamin? Is it the same thing? the price?....

Thank you so much for your help.

Best,

Iman

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I would advise D3. It give me energy, and I swear it helps my hunger too.
  • Jennerith
    Jennerith Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Check out my naturopath. She's amazing, and will have some great suggestions for you. You need whole food vitamins! http://amandabox.blogspot.com/
  • LillysGranny
    Options
    Because of our stressful lifestyles and harsh environmental factors (plus the total sabatoge of our food supply) most people need a good multi-vitamin mineral supplement. I have been taking USANA essentials for about 12 years, along with fish oil, Coenzyme Q10, osteo-biflex, and calcium. I"m 45, work 2 jobs, am taking 9 hours of college classes, work out 6 days per week and feel great most of the time. Of course, I try to choose healthy, unprocessed food as much as possible , too.
  • IllianaIman
    Options
    wow amazing! great job! i always feel that we dont have enough hours during the day!
  • jjs22
    jjs22 Posts: 156
    Options
    Its hard to tell from your post if this is an issue, but you might also look at the foods you are eating. I was always a little sceptical and dismissive about "health food" claims until recently. I recently decided to start eating better so my "health" would be better in some abstract, long-term sense. I was really surprised how much better I felt in a very short time. More energy, less depression, and a couple of skin and bowel situations went away.

As part of the process, I've been learning about what makes modern foods "processed" and "unnatural", from a conservative scientific point of view (I'm a scientist, although not in anything health-related). And it really makes sense. Modern foods are almost perfectly suited to make people unhealthy and unsatisfied.

Even without becoming a total health-food nut, just shifting away from the worst offenders can help a lot.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I would go with Vitamin D3..........mega dose it. I get 4000iu a day. Also, magnesium and B12. I stopped taking these for a while and then started again and noticed a big difference in energy.
  • cervenec
    Options
    I was having lots of issues with energy until I started doing a Super B-complex and magnesium supplement along with my multi.