I feel so dissapointed in myself

Options
I just keep going over my calorie limit. I tell myself, this stops, and I eat healthy for one day, but this weekend I binged so much, and right now I feel so mentally exhausted right after a binge, and I hate myself. I just have ten more pounds to lose, but am I that useless that I can't lose simple weight? I wish I wasn't like this. I am 5"5 and currently 123lb, and I started at 147lb. Please help me.

Replies

• meharmahshahid
    meharmahshahid Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I lost all my previous weight without any problem, but now have I reached my breaking point, when I was so close to my goal? *My diary is public*
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    It doesn't appear that you're using a food scale. Do you use one?
  • gisem17
    gisem17 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Step one: forgive yourself. You have to love yourself in order to lose weight. If you keep telling yourself that you hate yourself, sooner or later you're going to start believing it.
    Step two: ask yourself what went wrong. Binges happen, part of the process is to figure out why. Be honest with yourself. Then come up with a plan to keep them from happening in the future.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and around 126 pounds, so we're similar size.

For you, losing 10 more pounds will put you on the edge just above underweight. Is that a good idea for your body type? If not, that might be one of the reasons. How fast are you trying to lose weight? (The right answer, at your current weight, would be 0.5 pounds per week . . . which will take time to show up on the scale, but your current approach isn't really getting you there fast either, it sounds like.)

Also, satiation and eating schedule are very individual . . . but if I ate what you've logged, I'd be a mess in terms of cravings. A lot of days, you get minimal protein (sometimes nearly none at breakfast), and undereat your already pretty low calorie goal.

In particular, speaking only for myself, if I ate only a chocolate chip muffin/cupcake for breakfast, I'd be eating upholstered furniture out of desperation by 3PM. Maybe that's not true for you, but I wonder if it's contributing to your cravings.

Set up for slow weight loss. Don't undereat your goal. Find foods that are satiating for you. Get adequate nutrition. Eat more protein. Eat more veggies and fruits. Maybe spend fewer calories on candy, cookies, cupcakes, muffins, ice cream. (It's fine to eat some of those. You have days where they're a big chunk of your daily calories, and they have very little nutrition.)

Best wishes!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    "In particular, speaking only for myself, if I ate only a chocolate chip muffin/cupcake for breakfast, I'd be eating upholstered furniture out of desperation by 3PM. Maybe that's not true for you, but I wonder if it's contributing to your cravings."

Forgive me, as I believe your intention was serious. However, for some reason, this made me laugh like a fool. I can so relate!!

I think you gave some great advice.
  • elfin168
    elfin168 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I think you should get some therapy. You are a healthy weight for your height. It is not ok to fate yourself over food or weight
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Your height and weight sound healthy! Ad stated above, do you wish to bring your weight to an unhealthy level? Losing weight when you are already in a healthy range in challenging. In my experience, it takes time and a positive mindset to do it successfully. Your worth isn't determined by your weight. To feel like you hate yourself is a big deal. Don't overlook that. Hate is not a feeling that feels good.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I’m also around 5’5” and I second that another 10 lbs lost would be towards the underweight side.

Have you considered body recomp instead of more weight loss?
  • fat2thingirl
    fat2thingirl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you're feeling so bad!! I've been there a so many times before. that feeling after a binge when you're trying to lose weight is just one of the worst feelings ever in my opinion. the self hate is real.. i dont know exactly what to say to help, other than that you're not alone and you're being too hard on yourself.. you're a dearly loved person created by God, you don't need to beat yourself up.. we all slip up, you'll be okay <3
  • IronIsMyTherapy
    IronIsMyTherapy Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you're feeling like that! Are you trying to eliminate food you enjoy? What I've found what works best for me is to allow myself regular treats of things I want. You are best served by dieting in a way you could do it your whole life. Look at it as a lifestyle change, not a temporary diet, then make it a habit to ask yourself "what would the me I want to be do?"