Music apps for exercise?

Options
I'm trying to find the best (and least inexpensive way) to get a playlist going for workouts.

I do not have unlimited data so I need something I can download.

I paid $10/month for a couple of years for Spotify Premium and might wind up going back to it. Does anyone have suggestions?

I need at least 2-3 hours of music that keeps me moving.

Replies

• iamthemotherofdogs
    iamthemotherofdogs Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Youtube red. You can watch anything and listen to music in the background. Spotify sucks. Still no def leppard, acdc and taylor swift.

YouTube kills my battery.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Do you have mp3s? I use Rocket Player on my phone for my mp3 collection that I listen to offline - I mountain bike in areas that don't have good enough cell reception for streaming.
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I download music playlists from DoublePod.
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    Options
    I feel so old 'cause I don't even know if mp3s are still a thing. I don't wanna download anything illegally but I definitely need music to work out. If I hear myself breathing it ruins my focus, as stupid as that sounds.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    I have Amazon Prime, gives me music, Amazon TV and one day deliveries all in one.
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    I have Amazon Prime, gives me music, Amazon TV and one day deliveries all in one.

How does Prime music work? I do have Prime.
  • Venus_88
    Venus_88 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    What kind of music do you like?
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Youtube red. You can watch anything and listen to music in the background. Spotify sucks. Still no def leppard, acdc and taylor swift.

One of these things is not like the others... smiley_ladysinger.gif
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Pandora
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »

How does Prime music work? I do have Prime.

I just downloaded the Amazon music app. Logged in and voila. You can also download music and create your own play lists or use one of theirs. They have a lot of preset lists and stations you can listen to. I love it, and no extra cost to me.
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    Options
    I wound up just going with a Spotify Premium free trial for right now, I'll sort it out.

Sidenote, and don't tell anyone I know this-- but T. Swizzle is so very much on Spotify.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to find the best (and least inexpensive way) to get a playlist going for workouts.

I do not have unlimited data so I need something I can download.

I paid $10/month for a couple of years for Spotify Premium and might wind up going back to it. Does anyone have suggestions?

I need at least 2-3 hours of music that keeps me moving.

My suggestion would usually have been Spotify (they have a lot of cadence-specific playlists that people have created). I normally use Pandora (salsa, usually) if I'm not aiming to maintain a specific cadence (their premium pricing is cheaper than Spotify's premium and does cache stations for when you are offline).
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I second (third?) the Pandora suggestion. The only problem is that you might get out of focus arguing with it over what you can/can’t skip and why (skip limit per station unless you watch a lazy ad or senseless licensing restrictions).
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm showing my age now (from back in the day when we used to record songs off the radio onto cassette tapes) but what I do is take cds, rip them onto my computer and then transfer them into my phone for a custom play list that has everything from Walking on Sunshine to Du Hast
  • jaci66
    jaci66 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Get an MP3 player or something like that. I have a Sansa Fuze and an iPod that I use. I also listen to Audible books - depending on my mood that day.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    I'm cheap and Use Pandora, it's Free! There are very few commercials maybe two in a 60 min workout!
    I Love Pop Evil Radio on there! Great music to keep you moving if not your style... Bruno Mars Radio is good too! :)
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    Options
    pekovic_m wrote: »
    pekovic_m wrote: »
    @iamthemotherofdogs how good of a singer are you??

And this is totally not a creepy question.
    You'll see why I'm asking as soon as you reply.
    I'm a creep lol.

I mean, I'm pretty decent... Haha. Why?
  • Jusomso
    Jusomso Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you will find me strange, but I do not like such services and I am very uncomfortable using them. I tried to subscribe, create playlists and download my music, but it is not convenient. I still find it best to use google play music and download music from the internet, from sites like https://yusmid.com. I recently found out about this site and I am very happy with it. There are a lot of cool tracks and soon it will be possible to download a series of serials here. It is very cool. You may be against pirated music, but the bottom line is that in order to download all my songs, I need a lot of money, and so I can save on music services. In addition, Google Play Music is very convenient!
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    simple radio app is on android, not sure about apple. radio stations from around the world. You're at the mercy of their playlist, but that's not always bad.