Shoulder nerve pinch

Options
Left shoulder a throbbing pinch that is hard to locate
But it’s in the shoulder between neck and top of delts
It only flares up after workout and lying down
It’s not sore to touch and when retract shoulder blade back particularly lying down there’s a clicking Grinding sound
Tried the relief exercises chin tucks scapula retraction neck stretches but it comes back
Positive it nerves
Arc test no pain but small clicks Which is tendons over the bone think ?

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    If you’re sure there’s a nerve impingement, best to see your doctor. If you’re not sure what it is, best to see your doctor.
  • Lynatea
    Lynatea Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You might consider a TENS unit for temporary relief until you can get into the doc. It worked for me when I had a pinched nerve in my shoulder. Can be hit or miss, some folks have good luck, others not so much. They are petty inexpensive on Amazon.
  • Bobthedog3232
    Bobthedog3232 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Will try that thanks
  • Bobthedog3232
    Options
    Tried this unit on shoulder it hoisted up under contraction in low intensity setting which can’t be good as other shoulder didn’t
    There’s this clicking grinding which is always there but it’s not particularly painful but this aching pulse comes through when lie down
    When do side plank it kinda slumps
  • Bobthedog3232
    Options
    When mean hoisted it up mean the arm and shoulder
  • Bobthedog3232
    Options
    How can be certain it’s rotator cuff do wall angels it doesn’t like that atall though
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    See a doctor.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Agree with kshama, but as I was recently diagnosed with adhesive capsulitis :s , I've done a lot of googling. I thought this was helpful for differentiating: http://www.saylorpt.com/jupiter/shoulder-elbow-and-hand-pain/
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I'd say see a doc too but I can't tell you how many online buddies that I know that have healed their shoulders through hanging therapy. I have as well -- two rotator cuff tears and one impingement that sounded a lot like yours. There are cheap devices on Amazon that pull your shoulder straight up gently. You hang them over a door. Once you progress beyond that, you work up to the point where you simply hang from a pullup bar, assisted if needed. Don't do pullups, just hang. There's one called the Lifeline pulley system on Amazon. Look up Scapula Pushups too. You need to work on nothing but shoulder recover/PT instead of working out hard. One year, I had to take four months off of lifting and just rehab the shoulder. A BodyBlade is also a fantastic tool for shoulder health (can you tell I've had a lot of shoulder issues??). Also, balancing pushing and pulling means a LOT! Too much rowing or conversely too many bench presses seems to put my shoulders out of line and in more pain.

As someone self employed, I try everything before seeing a doc. If you're self employed over 50, insurance is terrible anyway. But you do NOT want to get to the point where you have a frozen shoulder. That can happen and once that occurs, it's hard to reverse.