16:8, low calorie and scales not budging! Just want to give up!

Options
I'm getting very fed up and wondering why I'm trying so hard for nothing! I started out doing adf and now have switched to 16:8. I eat between 1pm-9pm bc I work 2nd shift. I'm staying around 1,200-1,500 calories and the scales aren't moving! I've been doing this for about 3 weeks. I started at 190 and have stayed 188-190 the whole time. I am starting my period, could that be why? Also, I'm not exercising yet but really too tired to do so w my work schedule!

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Are you using a food scale and logging everything that you eat?
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Agree with previous posters and want to add, it's only been 3 weeks. Whatever you decide to do you have to give it time. Be patient...
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    1200-1500 is quite a big range. What is mfp giving you as your calories per day for the rate you are aiming to lose at? And what is it giving you for the next rate up and down from that? I am 5'11", and currently weigh about 174 lbs. My current mfp calorie recommendation for losing 0.5lbs per week is 1530 cals/day and for 1lb per week is 1280 cals/day. Depending on your height, could you actually be eating at maintenance?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary, we may be able to help. Many people do find that they experience some temporary water weight gain prior to their period -- this potentially could mask your progress this week, especially since you've just been at it three weeks.
  • 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi, I know it is frustrating when the scale doesn't move as quickly as we want it to or sometimes moves in the wrong direction. You say you started at 190 and it sounds like you have hit 188 at some point. That is a 2 pound weight loss in 3 weeks, even if it bounced back up. I know for me my weight bounces up and down day to day. I used to quit after a few days because I would tell myself it didn't matter - I was working hard and not losing weight so why bother. Now I understand that weight loss is not a straight trajectory, there will be ups and downs but eventually the weight will come off. I was 211 last Friday, 212 today even thought I have been careful about tracking and increased my exercise. Your period could definitely play a role. Trust the process, don't give up.