looking for friends 50+ who want to get healthy. lets motivate and laugh together!

2»

Replies

• olehcat
    olehcat Posts: 92 Member
    I should add that I have no idea how to friend anybody (I feel so silly since I used to be a regular on this site, lol), but I sent a few of you messages. Feel free to add me!
  • darleenturner
    darleenturner Posts: 79 Member
    I will be 50 in December ..... you are welcome to add me ....wishing you much success on your journey :)

What date
  • darleenturner
    olehcat wrote: »
    Hi, I used to be around these here parts about 5 or 6 years ago regularly, but dropped off the face of the earth for the last five years (not really, just crazy life things). I just turned 50 and have a good 60-70 pounds to lose! I am a reading teacher in a private academic preschool, love to write, and I love food and wine a little too much! I will request you as friends (or you can friend me) :)

will try and add. Need to log on my computer to do it.
  • RVLife33912
    RVLife33912 Posts: 8 Member
    What an awesome thread! I am in my 50's and new to MFP, I am looking for like minded, supportive friends with open diaries (I love to see what others eat, gives me ideas etc). Feel free to add me, would love to get to know you better!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    I will be 50 in December ..... you are welcome to add me ....wishing you much success on your journey :)

What date

The 29th
  • ajr050969
    ajr050969 Posts: 20 Member
    I'm 51 and I'm back. I lost 30 lbs about 7 years ago on MFP. Sadly I have found those 30 and an additional 20 more. I wanna get healthy again! I'd love to join you all!
  • The_Elephant_Man
    The_Elephant_Man Posts: 202 Member
    I am 53, I have lost 25lbs so far, got another 30+ to go.
  • ajr050969
    ajr050969 Posts: 20 Member

That is an impressive achievement! Good for you!
  • The_Elephant_Man
    ajr050969 wrote: »

That is an impressive achievement! Good for you!

Thank you!!!
  • The_Elephant_Man
    Feel free to add me :)
  • frontier5
    frontier5 Posts: 1 Member
    Im 'in' I'm early 50s trying to lose 'again' a history of yo yo dieting. I'm working the south beach keto diet I've been successful while on south beach before lower carbs work for me. today is day ONE of my six month exercise and diet journal ill have 'me back' by then.
  • darleenturner

What date

The 29th

Mines 16th
  • mountainguru
    mountainguru Posts: 11 Member
    I'd love to join, too! Do we just post here or is there another area?

I'm 53, married with teenagers and I love to be silly! I'm also officially perimenopausal. I've been watching what I eat and working out 4 times per week for the last month and my weight hasn't budged. I have lost about an inch on my hips and that's it. I could use some motivation!!
  • darleenturner
    I'd love to join, too! Do we just post here or is there another area?

I'm 53, married with teenagers and I love to be silly! I'm also officially perimenopausal. I've been watching what I eat and working out 4 times per week for the last month and my weight hasn't budged. I have lost about an inch on my hips and that's it. I could use some motivation!!

Happy for you to add me. Good luck
  • zaralovesKatz
    zaralovesKatz Posts: 19 Member
    I rejoined mfp 2 days ago and was only on here the first time a very short time. I'm a 57 year old female and have about 100lbs to lose. Would love to have support friends so we can motivate each other. Please feel free to add me. 😊
  • darleenturner
    I rejoined mfp 2 days ago and was only on here the first time a very short time. I'm a 57 year old female and have about 100lbs to lose. Would love to have support friends so we can motivate each other. Please feel free to add me. 😊

feel free to add me too. Good luck
  • eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    add me! Young at heart!
  • Morninbelle
    Morninbelle Posts: 3 Member
    I’d love to join. I do find it frustrating that most weight loss groups are geared toward The young and mostly physically fit. I’m 62 and giving myself 1 year to loose 100 pounds.
  • myudkin1
    myudkin1 Posts: 3 Member
    I qualify! Just launched my first ever attempt at a comprehensive structured diet and fitness routine So far, I'm underperforming on daily calories -coming up short- and daily sugars (what am I doing wrong with sugars?)
  • Debbiebert
    Debbiebert Posts: 27 Member
    edited November 2020
    Hey guys sorry I haven't checked this thread in a while. For those of you who are new and looking for support, We can continue on here from time to time, but most people friend each other and go from there. If your not going to be a consistent logger, you may have a hard time forming friendships or keeping friends. I encourage you to stay committed! this will help build your friends list and get the support you need. You can add me, if you have made the decision to be committed. I keep my friends list under 30 so I can support you each day If I can, because of that I cannot except everyone. If you friend me and only log once in a while I will have to make the decision to support someone else... nothing personal I need the support as well. If I delete you, please feel free to look me up again here or request me back if I have less than 30 friends and you want to commit to a healthy life style with daily support ... Good luck to all MFP buddies YOU ROCK!!
    Deb