Nutrition and Exercise - not all the parts to the puzzle

Options
Hello everyone... Like many of you, I know what has been working with my body combined with the general knowledge of workout experience, friends experiences and what I have read. Something that is overlooked or taken for granted is the right Dr and right diagnosis in combination with your Nutrition and Exercise. Men and women both need bloodwork done, hormones checked, blood analysis, etc... Like most men 40+, you naturally lose Testosterone. I was on a plan with my Dr along with Thyroid meds. What I figured out with a 2nd and 3rd opinion is that they were only looking at one number. My test and thyroid looked within the margins, but when you add in other test levels and hormone interactions, I was way off. Within 2 months, a different Dr has me feeling much better than I imagined with a few tweaks. My general Dr is good at many things, but not a sports Dr that was looking at the full picture. Hopefully you are getting checked and you feel great. If not, get a 2nd look! Hopefully this gets you thinking if you are really where you want to be

Replies

• calichick1978
    calichick1978 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good thinking!!! I was actually just researching women and hormones once 40 hits. Now mind you I passed that mile stone a few years back, however, I wanted to get a handle on this alone first. I think for the most part I have. My blood work is good now - Cholesterol, glucose, proteins, potassium, iron, etc...everything, for the first time in 20 years, is in a healthy place. I've hit a bit of a plateau after loosing 55 pound, and I may not loose too much more, however I do FEEL as if my body is missing something. So off I go to see where my hormones are at. (long winded, sorry ;)