What do you think about Lifetime MPF Goup!?

Options
I know in Weight Watcher there is a life time membership of some sort. Since MFP doesn't have any membership fee (thank God), maybe it doesn't serve much purpose, but I was thinking...

Basically I have met my goal weight. I still joggle with a few pounds here and there but I am at a point I am happy with where I am even with a few pounds over. I love MFP and silly as it may sounds, I might keep logging for the rest of my life to keep me from gaining. (nothing wrong with that, right?) I was wondering if there is a group for maintainers who still enjoy and log in with MFP and if not, do you think there is a need for creating one, what do you all think?

Replies

• whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    As a fellow maintainer, I intend to continue logging into MFP daily. I get a sense of accomplishment from eating healthy and logging my workouts. Even though I am not losing weight I certainly do not want to gain! :)
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Im a maintainer also. Im not really losing weight now (just because im in the middle of training), i would still log on for support in other topics like exercise and nutition. I think the logging on also keeps my eating and calories in check just because i know my friends are keeping an eye on me!!:smile:
  • fuminator18
    fuminator18 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Great! but do you feel the need to want or join the Lifetime group?

I love all my friends on the list and am going to keep cheering for those who are fighing for the goal, but I don't want them to feel pressured because I already reached my goal. (maybe I am thinking too much.) Also, since I am in the maintaining mode, I feel like there is a different need now; I am interested to be connected to people who are commited to keep maintaining.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    It would be nice to have some kind of group type thing under our names to let others know where you stand

So;

Group: Newbie
    Group: In progress
    Group: Nearing goal
    Group: Maintenance

Another forum I use (not weight related) does this for old hands, newbies etc. Once you have made 100 posts you are able to put your own group name in.
  • fuminator18
    fuminator18 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I think that's a good idea! I might have to send Mike an emial or suggestion to see what he thinks.

See, i see people introducing themself "im new here" 'looking for buddy" etc. (i did it myself when i joined) Though I would love to be friends with those who just came on board, I don't think I will be very appealing to their needs once they realize that I am just here to maintain. I dunno.... In a group with similar circumstances, I think people can relate more.