I'm new to MFP

Options
Hi, I've been on MFP for a week now and would really love to have some support and friends for motivation. I'm female, over 40, with two teenage kids. I've been dieting on and off for years with little or no result not really being serious about it. I work full time and find that it's really hard to make time for exercise. I hate to cook but I also hate to eat fast food. Looking for encouragement and support during this journey. I have a closet full of smaller clothing I can't wear and that is my motivation for now. Hoping to really be successful this time and it looks like this site will be helpful.
Thanks,
Opal

Replies

• Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Hi Opal! I'm new here, too! I started Tuesday on the recommendation of a friend, who then friended me here and I found some of our friends on her friend list and friended them here.
    Our stories are a bit different (I'm jobless and have no children), but I've dieted off and on for years. I'm praying that this time it will be different!
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Oh, and don't be afraid of my avatar. The only attitude I mean to convey with it is my sense of humor! :laugh:
  • fuminator18
    fuminator18 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Go Girl!!!
  • delseymackay
    Options
    Hi I'm over 50 and have teenage grandkids, but I'm in the same boat as far as dieting off and on for what seems like forever. I also need support on this never ending journey.
  • Scottlass
    Options
    Hey Opal, I'm in your boat! (but no kids) soon to be 39, work a lot, hate to exercise (not always 100% sure how), and dislike cooking. Add me and we'll see if we can do this!

Leslie
  • tweetiekrs
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request! I'm pretty new also! This website is a cool tool! I need more friends also!
  • yam970
    yam970 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Opal, i'm new too. I started on wednesday, am 48 and have two kids aged 9 & 11. I have about 50 pounds to loose (eek!) but i'm feeling really positive about this, hope you are too.

Good luck,

Yvonne
  • Clairelola
    Options
    Hi Opal,

I'm 37 with one child just joined onto here hoping to achieve this time! I'll send a friend request through for you see if we can't motivate each other.

Claire
  • cynma
    cynma Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi Opal, I only joined a month ago and also are looking for friends for support and also to support them.
    Feel free too add me if you would like to support each other