Hi from New Zealand

Options
New to this so would love some support. I'm 63kg, and want to get down to around 55 so I can get back into my clothes. Seems a small amount, but whenever I've tried to lose just a few, it doesn't really work. I'm early 60s, still working. Have been a very energetic person climbing hillsides and mountain passes, but that has slowed up over the last few years because of painful knees. I think it was worth it!
However, the easing of extreme mountain adventures has expanded the waist and weight.
So, hoping to link with some like-minded buddies - join in please.

Replies

• kermitch
    kermitch Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Bump... heh.
  • cowsanddogsarecute
    cowsanddogsarecute Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm from NZ. I have another 53 kgs or so to lose. I'm 36 and have osteoarthritis in both my knees and both sides of my lower back. Losing weight so I don't end up crippled at 40 🤣🤣🤣 Feel free to add me if you like 😊
  • kermitch
    Options
    Hi cowsanddog - are you from a farm with a name like that? Yes I'll add you, thanks. Aren't painful knees annoying? Do your knees throb hot at nighttime? Mine do, it's really irritating. Drs don't offer much help with that.
  • CassandraXing
    CassandraXing Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm from NZ and have a bad knee also.. Is this a kiwi thing? All the Hill climbing
  • kermitch
    Options
    Haha... I think you may be right Cassandra - hill climbing, indeed.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Hey fro. Canada