Vegan Recipes

Options
Hi everyone :) I am looking for new and creative vegan recipes. I am been vegan for quite some time now (vegetarian on and off) and have tried so many vegan recipes, but am looking for something new. Thanks :)

Replies

• kslindner
    Options
    VegetarianTimes.com ...I'm pretty sure they have some Vegan recipes on there, too!!
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Here's what I'm eating for lunch:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/mock-tuna-salad/detail.aspx

You can use vegan mayo instead... Have you tried this yet?
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with two vegan cookbooks right now, both by the same author (Isa Moskowitz). In order of love: Appetite for Reduction and Veganomicon. The former is much healthier than the second, and at least as tasty. I'm actually eating something from Veganomicon as I type (hot sauce-glazed tempeh) :)
  • MuTHer4
    MuTHer4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hey.. I'm new to the raw, vegan lifestyle.. but am finding it pretty easy!! :) you tube has helped big time.. namely Dan McDonald( aka life re generator) and Megan Elizabeth .com, oh, and Arnold's way...all these web sites have really yummy recipes that are pretty simple to.. hope this helps...good luck!!! :)
  • catdoc1
    catdoc1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I just purchased the cookbook "Peas and Thank You" and LOVE IT!! It's not a very masculine title or book, but the recipes are fantastic, easy, and use regular food. If it's possible to wear out a cookbook, this will be the one that I do (and I have a lot of cookbooks). My husband likes the recipes too, and he's brand new to veganism. He even cooked the jambalaya recipe out of it a few days ago.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I was vegan for 11 years and have a vegan (by his own choice, actually) son. I know LOTS of great vegan baking/cooking stuff. I recommend this website for low-fat/gluten free recipes:

http://www.fatfreevegan.com/gluten-free/index.shtml

particularly the peanut yam stew- YUM!

Lastnight I made thsi KILLER Brazilian "fish" stew (it's supposed to have some sort of clam in it):

Saute in water a chopped onion, chopped jalapeno, and some chopped garlic
    Add 1 can stewed tomatoes
    chop up some fresh tomatoes and toss them in there too!!!! (I did something like 4 on-the-vine type of tomatoes)
    Add 2 cans lite coconut milk
    add cubed tofu (extra firm- I recomend wildwood tofu if you can get it)

let that all simmer for a good while until those jalapenos lose their bite...

Then chop up 2 bunches of cilantro- toss that in and let simmer a wee bit longer!

Salt and pepper to taste.

VIOLA!
    Es muy delicioso on a little bit of rice with a side of tortiall chips. To lower the carbs, cut out the rice and chips!
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Bump...been looking for some new stuff to make getting tired of the same ole same!!
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options

Thank you so much! There looks like some real winners on this site. I am going to try one for dinner tonight.
  • CaitlinEats
    CaitlinEats Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I blog about my vegan cooking adventures at www.caitlineats.com. I hope you check it out! :)
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite books is Vegan on the Cheap. I use it weekly!
  • KarenLipana
    Options
    Hi everyone :) I am looking for new and creative vegan recipes. I am been vegan for quite some time now (vegetarian on and off) and have tried so many vegan recipes, but am looking for something new. Thanks :)

lol.:noway: "on and off" ?!
  • mrdrfacemissa
    Options
    Yes Karen, on and off. Meaning I was mostly vegan but went vegetarian for a few months at a time. K? And thanks everyone for the input! :)