Wanting to get starting and look my best!

Options
Hi everyone im a female 5'3 175ibs trying to go back to my to my original weight (130). Its going to be tough especially when people in my household dont support you losing weight.

Replies

• Dascool
    Dascool Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I mean so long as you go about it at a healthy pace. Don't go fast, lose it slowly, make sure you're eating properly and deffinelty don’t starve yourself. I've been having trouble recently with an abundance of good food in my house getting me a bit off track but I'm doing my best to sticking to my goals. It's not a sprint it's a marathon
  • CrystalRasso
    CrystalRasso Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My problem is i binge and wont stop lol its hard when i love good :D
  • Padrepoky
    Padrepoky Posts: 2 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I’m in the same boat. I’ve lost 15 lbs. so far though. Been add it for about a month and a half. I’m going at my own pace but feel great. No rush, take slow at first, but keep at it and before you know it...you’ll be at your goal. Good luck! (:
  • shredderlivingstrong888
    Options
    Hi everyone im a female 5'3 175ibs trying to go back to my to my original weight (130). Its going to be tough especially when people in my household dont support you losing weight.

Hi there, I hear your struggle. It is real hard. I think living in a household with so many temptations and wanting want that good stuff to binge on must be driving you crazy if you want to change your lifestyle.

A few things to consider may be to:
    * write down some realistic achievable goals that you want to reach
    * tell everyone at home what you are doing and why it is important to you
    * start by understanding what foods will benefit you and what is just rubbish i.e cutting out a lot of processed foods
    * begin to understand portion control and little by little reduce your meal sizes
    * drink more water
    * begin to exercise regularly
    * and keep a diary and listen to your body!

There is so much information on MFP - working out what will suit you is up to you and your lifestyle.

But most of all smile, take a breath and don't give up! You can do it!
  • Dascool
    Dascool Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I mean it happens, I'm trying to limit snack foods that I eat. Mainly relying on things like protien or snack bars not like bags of chips. But I do highly recommend popcorn, I have bags of kettle corn I go to for a nice sweet snack to pick at.
  • CrystalRasso
    CrystalRasso Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Dascool wrote: »

I mean it happens, I'm trying to limit snack foods that I eat. Mainly relying on things like protien or snack bars not like bags of chips. But I do highly recommend popcorn, I have bags of kettle corn I go to for a nice sweet snack to pick at.

Yeah im trying so hard. Ive been drinking water alot more and then i heard that metamucil is a great appitite supresser. Again its just hard with trying to stay on my calorie count when dinner is fast food
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Stay focus you can achieve your goals!
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    Dascool wrote: »

Yeah im trying so hard. Ive been drinking water alot more and then i heard that metamucil is a great appitite supresser. Again its just hard with trying to stay on my calorie count when dinner is fast food

You may want to be careful about using Metamucil as an appetite suppressant. It is meant for people with bowel dysfunction and long term use of anything like that can cause dependency on it for your body to function.

• Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I found that not buying the snacks makes it so I don't go overboard eating them. I use fresh vegetables to fill me up for not many calories and suppress my appetite. I also stay away from fast food, except for a rare planned indulgence that fits into my calories. And I weigh and log every morsel that goes in my mouth. 44 pounds down in 5 months. This forum and the people who contribute to it have helped the most💛