Need advice

Options
Hi everyone,

I hope all is well. I’ve been working pretty hard for the last 1.5 years to transform my body. It’s been quite a journey. I started at 245lbs and a high BMI. I’ve been trying different approaches like Intermittent fasting and working out with decent weight and high reps. About 4 months ago I switched things up and started lifting a bit heavier and progressing the weight. I am no longer intermittent fasting, but I am watching my caloric intake. I typically work out twice a day for 1 to 1.5 hours at a time and 4-5 times a week. I do HIIT 4-5 times a week for 45 mins to an hour, and occasionally take walks in the evening 2-3 times a week for a 1/2 hour. I also do 200 crunches every other day. My body fat is still at 13.5% and I can’t seem to get it lower.

Here are some photos of how I currently look. rhweuvq3nyjx.jpeg
37inezxb7ccn.jpeg
i8tg7ilc8f4q.jpeg

I’m trying to get a good definition on my abs and increase the muscle on my upper body. I can’t take any protein supplements, because the last time I took some, I got a kidney stone. So I am trying to get my protein from fish and chicken. Any tips on how to get my body fat down or increase muscle volume upstairs would be appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• bootilicious
    bootilicious Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but you look great! 😘🤗
  • dorianblach
    dorianblach Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I appreciate the comment. 💪😃
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    13.5% is kind of great, so if you want to get lower it is going to take time and dedication! To lose fat, you need to be in a calorie deficit. While you can build muscle while in a deficit, it's easier to build muscle when you are in a surplus, and also depends on the effectiveness of your workout program. This is why many people do bulk/cut cycles. This isn't really my area of expertise, but if you want more info you might have better luck getting experienced responses if you post in one of the other subforums, like the Gaining Weight/Body Building sub-forum, or maybe Fitness or even General Health & Fitness. There is also a Most Helpful Posts thread pinned to the op of the Bodybuilding board where you might find some useful info to. Congrats on your success so far!
  • dorianblach
    dorianblach Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice Kimny72. I added my post to the Gaining weight/Body building sub forum. I also added a before photo to that post as well. I really appreciate you taking the time to read my post and offer advice. Be well. 😀