Hello! im stuck in a plateau

Options
HI!!!

i'll be woking at a pool as a beverage server in vegas this summer and uniforms are itty bitty bikinis. last time i was in a bikini was 5 years ago (willingly) so im in panic-mode to get in shape. i have been consistent with working out but i definitely enjoy my beer nights and sweets. ive cut them out for a few weeks now but i feel like ive hit a plateau and its frustrating. my next discipline is definitely the 1200 cal/day diet. anyone have any suggestions to get out of this rut?

Replies

• oodesireoo
    Options
    HI!!!

i'll be woking at a pool as a beverage server in vegas this summer and uniforms are itty bitty bikinis. last time i was in a bikini was 5 years ago (willingly) so im in panic-mode to get in shape. i have been consistent with working out but i definitely enjoy my beer nights and sweets. ive cut them out for a few weeks now but i feel like ive hit a plateau and its frustrating. my next discipline is definitely the 1200 cal/day diet. anyone have any suggestions to get out of this rut?
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    COOL! Hard job to get and you're going to make BANK!!!

What pool are you going to be working at? We'll be there A LOT this summer so perhaps I'll run into ya!

Vegas pool season is definitely one of my motivations right now! :wink:
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    What is your workout routine? Upping your exercise regime could help you overcome that weight plateau.
    I'm hitting the same issue, so I'm upping my exercise, so I look hot in my bikini. =]
  • oodesireoo
    Options
    i will be at the red rock station pool. its off the strip but really nice. they even throw concerts there. hit me up when you come down to vegas.

and yes! its definitely a huge motivation and fire up my butt to get in shape.. no excuses!
  • oodesireoo
    Options
    What is your workout routine? Upping your exercise regime could help you overcome that weight plateau.
    I'm hitting the same issue, so I'm upping my exercise, so I look hot in my bikini. =]

i try to do 3-5 days a week at the gym. mondays upper body and weds lower along with 40 min cardio and abs. and the rest are cardio and abs. i try to squeeze in a day of hiking and scrambling on the rock.. definitely way better than cardio.. great full body workout! i just hate cardio... i try to do a little more than minimum and i change up the machines i use so my body doesnt get accustomed to it. but i know i just have to up my excercise regimen.... just dreading it.. *bleh*
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    i will be at the red rock station pool. its off the strip but really nice. they even throw concerts there. hit me up when you come down to vegas.

and yes! its definitely a huge motivation and fire up my butt to get in shape.. no excuses!

Woot Woot! Hook up at the pool! :wink:

I'm sure we'll definitely run into each other and we can give a little wink at how fabulous we will look in our suits! :bigsmile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site, it is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • oodesireoo
    Options
    thank you! :happy: i do love this site already!! everyone seems so supportive and helpful :heart:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    thank you! :happy: i do love this site already!! everyone seems so supportive and helpful :heart:

your welcome.