My tattoo opinions!

Options
Hello all :] I have recently thought of a tattoo I would like to get a year from now (I wait to make sure I dont change my mind)

I want to get mercury's winged sandals. One each above my outer ankle. Not just the wings :]

I have a passion for running and am actually very fast. I am in love with roman mythology and Mercury is my favorite god.

This will be my treat for losing these few lbs I have left! Opinions? Is it somewhat unique?

Replies

• TruckerChick
    Options
    I think it's absolutely a terrific idea!!! That's a great reward and a fantastic goal!! Good for you!
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    It sounds very fitting! I think it would look cool to have those winged sandals on the ankles of a runner, particularly when you're running.
  • nirvana1
    Options
    great idea, and I think you do right in waiting. I waited 2 years to get my tattoo and chose the right place to go, I'm glad I did because I love it.
  • koluvsmusic
    Options
    Very unique & a good goal to work towards. Once you reach your goal, your tattoo will have so much more meaning to you.
  • spade74
    Options
    My husband is a tattoo artist, and he hasn't done those yet!!!
  • koluvsmusic
    Options
    Do share your tattoo MFP, once you get it. :happy:
  • RachelH25
    Options
    It always good to get a tattoo for something your pastionate about! I say go for it!
  • albali
    albali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Sounds brilliant, and totally suited to you. Nice one!
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Hello all :] I have recently thought of a tattoo I would like to get a year from now (I wait to make sure I dont change my mind)

I want to get mercury's winged sandals. One each above my outer ankle. Not just the wings :]

I have a passion for running and am actually very fast. I am in love with roman mythology and Mercury is my favorite god.

This will be my treat for losing these few lbs I have left! Opinions? Is it somewhat unique?
    I'd like to see a picture of what you have in mind...more for my own curiosity...not at all because I have any opinion about what kind of tattoo to get. I think tattoos are very person. I know the 2 I have are very personal to me. I have a dragonfly on my ankle... not that you've asked BUT I got it because when I was going through my divorce from a man I still sort of loved but who was not good for me to be with I had to remind myself to be mean and direct (to get through it without going soft) and I identified myself with a dragon. When it was over I needed to change my mindset and I chose the dragonfly for its soft near weightless and gentile look. My dragonfly is ME on the other side of an adverse period of my life. If it feels good to you.. DO IT!!!! Sieze the day!!!!
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I have butterflies on my ankles - I've had them for 23 years now... There are times I regret having them - like when I wear a very nice dress, but, all in all I'm okay with them.
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Love the idea of Mercury's winged sandals! I'm very into mythological type tattoos. I have two myself, but I am into Egyptian mythology. I have an Eye of Ra tattoo on my lower back, and an Ankh on the back of my neck. Go for it, it sounds like it will suit you!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I was wondering if it was kind of unique :] Im so excited! hehe

This is the god himself

Hermes.jpg

I havent found a good picture of the sandals yet, but im thinking of a detailed look, not on the cartoony side. Ill just have to work with my artist on that one :]
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    love the originality and most of all the meaning to you.

and i share the same exact concept on tattoos. i will sit on the thought for a whole year before doing it. that is a rule that has worked for me and i have weeded out many tats this way.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

I'd like to see a picture of what you have in mind...more for my own curiosity...not at all because I have any opinion about what kind of tattoo to get. I think tattoos are very person. I know the 2 I have are very personal to me. I have a dragonfly on my ankle... not that you've asked BUT I got it because when I was going through my divorce from a man I still sort of loved but who was not good for me to be with I had to remind myself to be mean and direct (to get through it without going soft) and I identified myself with a dragon. When it was over I needed to change my mindset and I chose the dragonfly for its soft near weightless and gentile look. My dragonfly is ME on the other side of an adverse period of my life. If it feels good to you.. DO IT!!!! Sieze the day!!!!

That sounds like an amazing tattoo! I love how it is very meaningful to you, those are my fav sort of tattoos :]
  • Zeal8
    Zeal8 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    those wings alone on your ankle would look great too, since you already have a foot there naturally lol