day one of my first 10 day fast.

Options
wanting to cleanse my body after falling off the band wagon for the last 4 months. Really going to go for it, any one want to be a part of this and use another for support? I'm using a few different websites for tips and safety info, it says juice testing is good for you as much as a water fast, I think I will be having

1 cup of coffee (2 tbsp. Cream) - I mean come on I have an eight month old haha
2 cups of apple juice (nutrients and vitamins)
8-10 glasses of water per day

on average a human can survive 50-75 days without food.... Thats insane, and I'm ready to start this fast and give my colon and body a good cleansing to start over with some great eating habits, some healthy home cooking, an exercise routine, and lot more energy!

Replies

• 76wendyful
    Options
    This is all you will take in all day? For 10 days? It doesn't sound healthy to me. Just be sure to pay attention to your body. It will let you know when to stop. Good luck to you!
  • cervenec
    Options
    Good luck!! I've been thinking of doing a juice fast or the apple fast and starting off with only 3 days or so. Can't wait to see your results :)
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You can cleanse your system just as easily by drinking water, eating healthy fiber-rich foods, fruits and vegetables and you don't have to torture your body to do it. Fiber will scrape your colon clean of any crap you've ingested. Healthy fruits and veggies will give the body vital nutrients that apple juice cannot provide.

Fad diets, in my experience, have only led to binge eating and eating disorder mentality.
  • DatEpicChick
    DatEpicChick Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    well I'm not looking to make this a staple in my weight loss routine. I just really fell off the bandwagon 4 months after my husband and I welcomed our first baby, she is now 8 months old and I need a fresh start, and I'm just looking to rid my body of all the nastiness I have consumed in the past 4 months.
    will I be doing this every month as a weight loss method? Absolutely not. But I'm hoping things will go good for the next ten days! Many of the people on the fasting website have given great hints and apparently its like quitting smoking, the first 3 days are the hardest, then your body adapts... But once your body starts to use vital tissue to survive is starvation mode, and my body has about 10 extra pounds it can live off of for 10 days haha
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    wanting to cleanse my body after falling off the band wagon for the last 4 months. Really going to go for it, any one want to be a part of this and use another for support? I'm using a few different websites for tips and safety info, it says juice testing is good for you as much as a water fast, I think I will be having

1 cup of coffee (2 tbsp. Cream) - I mean come on I have an eight month old haha
    2 cups of apple juice (nutrients and vitamins)
    8-10 glasses of water per day

on average a human can survive 50-75 days without food.... Thats insane, and I'm ready to start this fast and give my colon and body a good cleansing to start over with some great eating habits, some healthy home cooking, an exercise routine, and lot more energy!

as far as the apple juice goes that is a ton of sugar.. have you considered trying the motts tots? it's super yummy.. When i need to up my water intake i drink cucumber water.. I could drink my weight in this stuff... good luck!!
  • DatEpicChick
    Options
    thats actually a good idea. I give Nyomi the baby apple juice and maybe I should just buy double of that for the next week. I never thought of how much sugar is in that stuff... Hmmm... Well looks like I need to go to the wonderful & beloved wall mart haha
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    OMG I wouldn't last a day on that plan. Good luck to you!
  • 8rules
    8rules Posts: 169
    Options
    I think cleansing your body is as simple as switching to eating clean.

You will not clear up years of abuse in 10 days no matter what you do.

I am sure you will lose weight for 10 days straight if you can actually stick to it, i do not believe in starvation mode, and neither does the entire continent of Africa.

To me this is the diet equivalent of ear candling. Something my mom believed in until I burned one of the candle standing in an empty glass and produced a bunch of ear wax when it was done.
  • DatEpicChick
    Options
    well I'm sure I will never be as good as I was before I was pregnant, but the least I can do is give myself a good starting point, and I'm not looking at this fast as a weight loss solution. My doctor has notified me that the weight loss will be dramatic the next 10 days, but the probability of gaining it back (especially if I continue unhealthy eating habits) is quite high. This is t to lose weight, it is to cleans the muscles, colon, and digestive tract. And with my doctor on my side, and the website he recommended me to, I am continuing this fast in the healthiest way possible.
  • jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Are you breastfeeding your child?
  • DatEpicChick
    Options
    I ended up in 2 surgeries after an emergency c section AFTER 36 hours of labor.... I never could, my breastmilk came in for less than 2 days, and it was not nearlyyy enough.... I have the entire story on my blog on my page... I'm pretty sure everything that would go wrong, went wrong during that period of time... I wish i could breastfeed... Its so good for the baby, and the momma.
  • daloverlyme
    daloverlyme Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck, and congrats on your baby. Ive tried to fast the last 4 days and it hasnt worked too well. I have eaten under 500 calories almost everyday though. Too much to clean my system out though....blah. 4 pounds lost so far. Let me know how you feel after the tenth day!!! I really am thinking about doing this and giving 100%.
  • DatEpicChick
    Options
    I find it hilarious that you said
    "let me know how you feel after the 10th day"
    since I will week like poo for everyday before that hahahaahahahaa
    I sure will, and I hope I can do this....
    I'm taking in about 50 calories from the coffee, I'm sure I could do without it, but I dont wanna!
    just one little thing should be allowed hahaha.
    I'm updating my blog at least once a day on how I'm feeling and so forth, so we shall see how this goes!!
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    thats actually a good idea. I give Nyomi the baby apple juice and maybe I should just buy double of that for the next week. I never thought of how much sugar is in that stuff... Hmmm... Well looks like I need to go to the wonderful & beloved wall mart haha

if you have a target it is much cheaper.. my fav so far is the white grape apple :) also i'm pretty sure you can print a coupon from their website.. another great juice is the fruitables. It has a combined serving of fruits and vegetables.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Most cleansing juice fasts mean that you're juicing your own fruits and veggies each day, not buying pre made juices. If you're going to do it, the recommended way is mostly fresh veggies with a few fruits thrown into each juice batch.

Also, if you plan to stick with only processed apple juice, check the ingredients on those lower sugar juices, a lot of time they're more processed than the regular ones because theyre actually extracting the natural sugars in the apples and replacing them with fake ones.

I'd also skip the dairy in your coffee. Dairy and juice fasts don't mix well. But do try to add some protein powder to your juices (whether you do the juice it yourself or just apple juice method) because your body will still need some protein during this time.