Another CBD question

Do you know if CBD gummies could possibly cause night sweats? My sister has been taking them for a few weeks and all of a sudden she's developing night sweats. She's had night sweats before due to a med she was on for cholesterol(which she no longer takes). One night she didn't use the CBD and no night sweats. Coincidence or something else?

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    This thread will likely disappear but "CBD gummies" is too vague to help. It would depend on the ratio of CBD:THC as well as the actual candy recipe. She should chat with her physician @ReenieHJ and work on a treatment plan that meets her health goals (unless she's having the gummies recreationally, in which case I have no insight to help either of you with).
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    Where is your sister in relation to menopause?
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    My sister is 76, way past menopause. :) She only takes 1 gel at night to help with sleep. I asked her today and she said she hasn't taken them lately and has had no night sweats. So just maybe....
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    CBD isn’t regulated. The gummies she’s been eating could have any number of random things. Even if she’s using the same brand, the batch may be just a bit different and might contain more or less of something than in previous batches.

So ... sure; it’s possible. Might be the CBD, might be something else into the gummies, might not be the gummies at all.
  • lakersgirl24823
    lakersgirl24823 Posts: 3 Member
    edited October 2020
    I don't know about that although I am sure that it is possible that is for sure. I have been using CBD gummies for a few months now and stuff like that never happened to me but I do agree if the batch is not that great problems like that might happen. Or it might be her personal reaction to the gummies or some of the ingredients in them. I think that you should try changing the brand and if the problem doesn't go away stop using them for a while. I personally never had problems with different brands that I used. I have tried different brands when I first started but after a few trials and errors I have settled on this one brand that I get online. If you are interested you can can check it here:KoalityMedicinals.com. I have been buying gummies from them for a while and never had any problems. Maybe she should give it a go. Hopefully everything will work out fine.
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Usually in CBD gummies there is such a tiny amount of actual CBD that it would barely have any effect. Most brands of them are a bit of a gimmick really. But you'd have to find out the specific brand and look at the ingredients to be sure.
  • bdelaney33
    bdelaney33 Posts: 150 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Do you know if CBD gummies could possibly cause night sweats? My sister has been taking them for a few weeks and all of a sudden she's developing night sweats. She's had night sweats before due to a med she was on for cholesterol(which she no longer takes). One night she didn't use the CBD and no night sweats. Coincidence or something else?

Why is she taking them? Is it to help with sleeping?