Started counting again but always hungry

Options
I lost 35 lbs few years using this App myfitnesspal. When I reached my goal, I was used to eat at small portion sizes and i stopped tracking..I kept losing and got my lowest 115 lbs at 5'3. I was able to keep this weight off because i had very active job and was going to gym on a regular basis on top of that . Eventually i switched jobs and the one i got wasn't as active and was working with food which lead me to keep tasting food and my visits to the gym became less frequent.

So i gained about 19 lbs and now sitting at 134 lbs and 5'3 which isn't too bad since i was way too thin. I want to go back to 125 since my jeans are getting too tight.

So i'm back to tracking.I changed my diet for most part.And i've been eating healthy, lots of fruits and vegetables, lean protein since this foods are low in calories which will allow me to eat more

I tried to stay away from cosuming empty calories but still allow myself to have sweets and favorite calories dense foods in small portions if i can fit it into my calorie goal. But for most part I've been eating clean which i wasn't doing before. I was always eating processed and fatty foods

Now my problem is, i've been getting hungry often. Currently eating $1700 and losing 0.5 week. Been counting for 18 days..will my body adjust?

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    How is your fat intake? It sounds quite low from the description of your current diet.
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    How is your fat intake? It sounds quite low from the description of your current diet.

I eat things like pork, chicken and red meat..what are foods thatvare high in fat?
  • Lietchi
    Options
    Oils and butters, nuts, avocados...
  • Lietchi
    Options
    But what is your diary saying, what percentage are your fats at? Some people feel fats help them feel satiated.
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    But what is your diary saying, what percentage are your fats at? Some people feel fats help them feel satiated.

My daily goal is 59 and i'm at 32 at the moment. I haven't logged in supper yet and dont have much calories left so i'm going to the gym after work so i can earn more food
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    And/or high protein and/or high fiber...
    You can also adjust your deficit in MFP to equal less than .5 (pounds ? I'm assuming) per week, log accurately and trust the process.
  • suzyjmcd2
    suzyjmcd2 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I found the same to be true - I was eating like you, and finding that I was hungry. When I started to realize that carbs were not my enemy, I found healthy ways to incorporate them, and I'm happier, now. My favorite, is adding a little farro to my salads, veggie bowls, and stir fries, along with some lean protein. It's got somewhat of a brown rice "chew" to it, which makes it feel substantial and filling. It's one of those "ancient super grains" that a dietician turned me onto - it adds protein and substance, which helps to make me feel fuller. I like to add a little quinoa at times, too, but I prefer the farro, since quinoa can easily get "lost" in a big bowl of veggies or salad. I also love including roasted winter squash to my salads and veggie bowls. Butternut squash, acorn squash, delicata squash... they all are carby veggies, which help you feel full, as well. Just dice and roast with a little cooking spray until golden and tender. Edamame is also a good filler which adds protein, as well.