A Constant Work In Progress

I come from a family that has always had a battle with being overweight. I’ve also lost family members at a “too young” age due to heart disease. My mom was diabetic. So basically, unless I made a change, dying young was something that was destined to happen to me. It wasn’t until my brother, someone from MY generation, died before the age of 50 that I really got serious about my health. I’m about a year and a half in and I’m down ~55 lbs which isn’t anything outrageous, BUT I have maintained my strength and LBM fairly well. I plan to do my first powerlifting competition early next year so we are building on that strength with a bit of a reverse. Current PRs 150 bench, 270 squat and 320 deadlift. wu4hio0vl017.jpeg
kl6kobtnbs87.jpeg
n5cy5f0kv94c.jpeg
8nwnw0qrjmn2.jpeg
hzlluhk78xb4.jpeg
mp3601kfocc6.jpeg
7autw89dw8cc.jpeg

Replies

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    you look great, a lot of work!
  • Wow!!!!
  • MarissaRiv23
    MarissaRiv23 Posts: 406 Member
    Awesome job! You look fantastic! 👏🏼💪🏼
  • mothermoose116
    mothermoose116 Posts: 20 Member
    Wow! You look great and I am super impressed with your lifts!!
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    those are awesome lifts, especially if done in competition style. May I ask, at what bodyweight did you accomplish them.
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    What you've managed to do to your stomach shape is inspirational. Did you do any lifting/exercises specifically designed to target your stomach?
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    F*** yeah! Fellow strong woman here...way to go on everything, the lifting numbers, the fat loss, the progress....go and get it!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Bravo!

:flowerforyou:
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Amazing transformation!! Your hard work and dedication is paying off. :):)
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    What an inspiration! I strive to be strong like you. I better get to work! :) Great job!
  • rontuueyeslikeafox
    rontuueyeslikeafox Posts: 99 Member
    Brilliant! Another amazing strong woman for inspiration :)
  • da_bears1227
    da_bears1227 Posts: 6 Member
    tuckerrj wrote: »
    those are awesome lifts, especially if done in competition style. May I ask, at what bodyweight did you accomplish them.

That’s just training PRs. I haven’t done a competition yet but I was right around 160lbs when I got them.

• da_bears1227
    da_bears1227 Posts: 6 Member
    What you've managed to do to your stomach shape is inspirational. Did you do any lifting/exercises specifically designed to target your stomach?

I do not. Just cutting weight and doing heavy compound lifts.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    tuckerrj wrote: »

That’s just training PRs. I haven’t done a competition yet but I was right around 160lbs when I got them.

With those lifts, you should be VERY competitive at any local, state or even regional competition. Congrats!
  • Amazing story. And numbers to be proud of. Let us know how the competition goes.
  • nitalieben
    nitalieben Posts: 680 Member
    Amazing!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Very lovely! Thank you for sharing your story.
  • robynmac5819
    robynmac5819 Posts: 161 Member
    You look amazing And so much younger!!! Way to take charge and kick some *kitten*! Seriously something to be proud of, wow!
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Fantastic transformation! You killed it!
  • klb1082
    klb1082 Posts: 2 Member
    Well done! You must feel so good now! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!