Hello my name is Karen

Hi all,

First time on the board, signed up several months ago but didn't ever bother doing much with it. I just got back from 3 weeks in Florida and my gym buddy said she had been calorie counting whilst I was away with the aid of 'My fitness pal'. I am amazed at how good this app is - have been busy scanning foods tonight. Superb - just testing out my ticker now.

Replies

• calana
    calana Posts: 88 Member
    Welcome Karen!
    Best of luck to you here :D
  • prestonmay
    prestonmay Posts: 107 Member
    welcome back.... After about a month you will know the values by hard. I still stick to it. I found myself falling short on cals. Which can be bad also.
  • Teksavvy
    Teksavvy Posts: 133 Member
    Welcome. I also love the app. I was surprised (sort of) how many calories I take in during the day. I add the "sort of" because I think I was in denial about some items, but just clueless about others. It has changed how I eat and consequently how I feel during the day.
    The community is also a wonderful source of advice when I'm at the pc. Good luck!
  • Hi Karen. Nice to have you here. I'm pretty new to the app too (within the last two months) but I've had great success so far!

Have a great day!

Gary
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Welcome karen. I Have been here 16 days. I love being able to track my intake. It makes me accountable, which I need. Way too much denial before. Best of luck in your journey.
  • Sjennings13
    Sjennings13 Posts: 21 Member
    Hi Karen, I am a newb too, just starting today with this site!! Good luck on your journey!
  • kazdav
    kazdav Posts: 62 Member
    Thank you all for your replies. I am not a novice to dieting, in fact I am an old hand at just not sticking to it although this is the first time I have actually tried to count calories, I have usually followed a diet like Slimming World or Weightwatchers.

I just love the app it is so easy to use.